[Ruby] Pokemon Giratina Legend | 01-09-19 | ALPHA 0.52 AVAILABLE

Avisos

Like Tree530Gracias
Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
11/05/2019
Predeterminado Respuesta: Pokemon Giratina Legend | ALPHA 0.5 AVAILABLE
Dicho por LightHelco Ver mensaje
@Andrea I was trying to play the game, but it didn't even let me finish the intro as it goes white after this image
Mmmm, honestly this problem never happened to me.
What version of visual boy advance do you use? Try using the version i (1.7.2), then update me!
11/05/2019
Dicho por Andrea Ver mensaje
Mmmm, honestly this problem never happened to me.
What version of visual boy advance do you use? Try using the version i (1.7.2), then update me!
I was using the 1.8.0 version, switching to 1.7.2 just gives me a white screen without even reaching the opening video.

PD: Nevermind, someone gave me another emulator and it goes fine.

Última edición por LightHelco; 11/05/2019 a las 18:33
11/05/2019
No sé cómo decir lo mucho y bien trabajado que está el juego con tan solo una oración.
ĄOh! Tengo una pregunta.
żMe dejarías traducirlo al espańol?
11/05/2019
Predeterminado Re: Respuesta: Pokemon Giratina Legend | ALPHA 0.5 AVAILABLE
> Giratina Legend
> has an alpha
=> I'm sure I'm dreaming

Amazing!

@Andrea I was trying to play the game, but it didn't even let me finish the intro as it goes white after this image
It worked fine on my VBA-m. You may want to give it a try probably

Última edición por jiangzhengwenjz; 11/05/2019 a las 22:24
12/05/2019
I managed to make it work already, don't worry.

So a little review of the Alpha.

The sprites and mugshots of the characters are amazing, mostly the important characters like the MC and Steve. The tiles used work really well and it gives the game a beautiful look, but I would mention that some maps are kind of struggling to navigate, like third town, its Pokémon Center is too far away from the route entrance that you are probably going to get a Pokémon faint if they are poisoned.

Try to always make the Pokémon Center be the first or second building you find in a town and that you reach it fast.

Another point is that you need to touch a little bit the levels of the trainers. It jumps too fast from one to another and due to this early jumps, I ended overleveling for Agata. For example, the trainers at Route 2 have Pokémon at level 10, but in Route 3 you meet ones with level 14. Normal trainers, not bosses. Knowing that Agata ends at level 15, this is a really big jump. I would suggest loweing the level of Route 2 trainers to 5-8 and having the Route 3 ones at 8-11.

About the story. I sadly can't comment a lot of it as it is in italian. I understood some parts and think that know what is happening, but I can't give an overal note. I have to say that I like that at least we are aware of who took our father and that the journey started because he isn't returning from work, not because he has been lacking for years as lot of hacks do. Is kind of an oversured trope, but at least here we know that isn't going to be because our father is the bad guy or some stupid obvious twist.

I want to know what Agata, Oak and Team Rocket are doing in Italy, but is better than having Giratina in Kanto, so don't mind xD

My only issue was the impossible battle. I was lucky of only using two Pokémon, but imagine a player with 6, they have to wait for 6 or more turns (as Hydropump can miss) for the battle to end. Would not be possible to make it last 1 turn? Like that you only have Growlithe in that battle or just not even battle, make the man summong Kingdra and knock both teens with a Surf move or something.

In general this is a nice start for the game and I can't wait to see more about it.
12/05/2019
Hey Andrea!
I have the same problem that Light, i wanted to play it in the phone using the most common emulator of android but when the game start's the screen turns white.
Did you know why?
12/05/2019
I managed to make it work already, don't worry.

So a little review of the Alpha.

The sprites and mugshots of the characters are amazing, mostly the important characters like the MC and Steve. The tiles used work really well and it gives the game a beautiful look, but I would mention that some maps are kind of struggling to navigate, like third town, its Pokémon Center is too far away from the route entrance that you are probably going to get a Pokémon faint if they are poisoned.

Try to always make the Pokémon Center be the first or second building you find in a town and that you reach it fast.

Another point is that you need to touch a little bit the levels of the trainers. It jumps too fast from one to another and due to this early jumps, I ended overleveling for Agata. For example, the trainers at Route 2 have Pokémon at level 10, but in Route 3 you meet ones with level 14. Normal trainers, not bosses. Knowing that Agata ends at level 15, this is a really big jump. I would suggest loweing the level of Route 2 trainers to 5-8 and having the Route 3 ones at 8-11.

About the story. I sadly can't comment a lot of it as it is in italian. I understood some parts and think that know what is happening, but I can't give an overal note. I have to say that I like that at least we are aware of who took our father and that the journey started because he isn't returning from work, not because he has been lacking for years as lot of hacks do. Is kind of an oversured trope, but at least here we know that isn't going to be because our father is the bad guy or some stupid obvious twist.

I want to know what Agata, Oak and Team Rocket are doing in Italy, but is better than having Giratina in Kanto, so don't mind xD

My only issue was the impossible battle. I was lucky of only using two Pokémon, but imagine a player with 6, they have to wait for 6 or more turns (as Hydropump can miss) for the battle to end. Would not be possible to make it last 1 turn? Like that you only have Growlithe in that battle or just not even battle, make the man summong Kingdra and knock both teens with a Surf move or something.

In general this is a nice start for the game and I can't wait to see more about it.
Thank you so much for these many tips, i'll definitely put them into practice!

Dicho por Ayman Ver mensaje
Hey Andrea!
I have the same problem that Light, i wanted to play it in the phone using the most common emulator of android but when the game start's the screen turns white.
Did you know why?
So, i think the problem arises from the different ROM header than the original ruby one.
I modified it to prevent the rom from being modified, but it can be restored through a simple hex editor.
13/05/2019
Predeterminado Respuesta: Pokemon Giratina Legend | ALPHA 0.51 AVAILABLE
The new version 0.51 of the alpha is available, in which the following bugs have been fixed:
- Initial white screen after the game intro
- If you clicked on "new game" with a save present, the first part of the professor's intro was not loaded correctly
- Temporary reset of the player's palette in some areas of the game (laboratory, route 4)
- Movement of some NPCs
- Graphic bug during the interaction with item scattered in the various paths
- Graphic bug during the pokédex delivery screen
- If you rename a pokémon captured during wild doubles battles, there was the possibility that this would become a BadEgg
To download the new version, click on the banner in the previous post!
17/05/2019
Dicho por JJMASTER Ver mensaje
No sé cómo decir lo mucho y bien trabajado que está el juego con tan solo una oración.
ĄOh! Tengo una pregunta.
żMe dejarías traducirlo al espańol?
I have only seen this comment now, sorry.
Of course, you can translate it!
Surely, transalte this project in Spanish would make it more accessible to many people!
Just yesterday, another user (@Иacho) asked me to start translating the ROM.
Maybe you could collaborate!
18/05/2019
Dicho por Andrea Ver mensaje
I have only seen this comment now, sorry.
Of course, you can translate it!
Surely, transalte this project in Spanish would make it more accessible to many people!
Just yesterday, another user (@Иacho) asked me to start translating the ROM.
Maybe you could collaborate!
Oh! hi! Well... I know Nacho, i'll talk to him to collaborate.
Thank you for giving us your permission.
Good luck!
Respuesta

Herramientas
Desplegado