Registrarse

Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames (Upd 28.09.)

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Your story begins in a small town, as a new research assistant to the local Pokémon Professor. It's not long before things become much more interesting, and your adventure will take you across a region of unparalleled beauty. The Pokémon League beckons, but it may end up being the least of your challenges: mysterious events are unfolding, and the threat just might be hiding in plain sight...

Welcome to Charpa- a region that is suffering disaster after unexplained disaster with no end in sight. Have you the bravery to discover its secrets?

~ The Game ~

Pokémon Shining Waters / Hazing Flames is a hack with a focus on exploration and adventure. The Charpa Region is huge, and better yet it feels huge: it's easy to get lost, and you'll need to keep your wits about you as you explore the scenery, discover the many secrets and work your way towards the Pokémon League.

On your journey, you will encounter a variety of old and completely new Pokémon that have never been seen before. Don't worry, though. You won't be trapped in the wilderness, running out of Repels as you're ambushed over and over by wild Pokémon. The encounter rate will be lower than the official games, as will the number of rival trainers you encounter on your journey... but each battle will be a challenge, and each victory will yield reward- sometimes money, usually something more. Many trainers will be more than happy to battle you more than once, helping you gain experience to tackle the next Gym Leader.

As you progress the story, you'll realise that there's more to Charpa than meets the eye. Deception and illusion are everywhere, and the threat is always closer than you might think. We don't want to give away the full story just yet, but you can be sure that it will be interesting and feature a variety of different characters.

~ The Team ~

Reshilegend - Mapping, Tile Inserting, Spriting, Fakemon
Ganelon - Dialogue, Story, Region Design, Thread Design
ParadymeShift/Swagnificent - Scripter
Phazonruler - Music
Seraph - Music

If you have any skills you think we could benefit from, we'd love to hear from you! Send a PM to Reshilegend.
We're especially in need of scripters in order to keep progress going!

~ Links ~

FAQ - Any questions? Look here first! - DeviantArt
More in our gallery - Spoilers ahead (Maps, sprites, Fakemon, etc) - DeviantArt
Interactive Charpa Region map (outdated, open in browser) - Download
Tile/Music Credits - DeviantArt

~ Screenshots ~

~ Music ~

Lowlite Town (Ingame version)

Lowlite Town (Remastered Version)

~ Updates! ~

September 2015

Última edición:

Kiritopoweh

21/11/2013 - 26/06/2018
Respuesta: [GBA-FR]Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames

I can insert all the sprites that you want, if you are interested talk to me in my profile, well my opinion of the sprites its a 8/10, the fakes are cool ;)

~ZeNix~

Αρμονíα μέλου

Oh I fall in love while I see those screenshots and maps. They are perfect and I´m sure that it will be an incredible hack (I hope).
As I said, I´ll be your sappier, if you wish, Reshi :3

Re: Respuesta: [GBA-FR]Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames

I can insert all the sprites that you want, if you are interested talk to me in my profile, well my opinion of the sprites its a 8/10, the fakes are cool ;)
Thx for the offer, but we're doing all Fakemon first (until the dex is complete) and then insert all of them at once. I'll be doing that so no help is needed with inserting sprites. :]

Oh I fall in love while I see those screenshots and maps. They are perfect and I´m sure that it will be an incredible hack (I hope).
As I said, I´ll be your sappier, if you wish, Reshi :3
Glad you like the screens! And thanks again for helping.

Kiritopoweh

21/11/2013 - 26/06/2018

Oh god....and then.....i will help you in a hipotetical future ?

RedMort

Aprendiendo Decomp

Wow, the Hack looks so good. I hope scripts and in-game-story are equally good as tiles.
Fakemons is a thing that I will never use because it require a lot of work, then... I don't know, I wish u lucky with it, a fakemon-hack always is beautiful to play xD (besides, they are so cute xD)
About the story, I haven't anything to say, the typical trainer who will try to reach the Pokémon League.

That's all, I hope you do not leave the project. See you!

Sorry my bad English xD

Really cool!
It sure looks awesome; the Fakémons and the tiles are really good.

Wow, the Hack looks so good. I hope scripts and in-game-story are equally good as tiles.
Fakemons is a thing that I will never use because it require a lot of work, then... I don't know, I wish u lucky with it, a fakemon-hack always is beautiful to play xD (besides, they are so cute xD)
About the story, I haven't anything to say, the typical trainer who will try to reach the Pokémon League.

That's all, I hope you do not leave the project. See you!

Sorry my bad English xD
Honestly, we really need a scripter. So the quality of the scripts depends on whether we find a good scripter soon or not. The story is of course not only the typical Pokemon story, but it will have some relations to Norse Mythology (legendaries etc.). And yeah, Fakemon are a lot of work but it's also fun to see your creations in a game :]
I won't leave the project, don't worry.

Really cool!
It sure looks awesome; the Fakémons and the tiles are really good.
Thanks for your feedback!

Re: [GBA-FR]Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames

New crab Fakemon:

I'll make the backsprites soon. For those interested, the Fakemon on the right is based on a coconut crab.

Edit: Added backsprites :)

Jack Johnson

Hoenn Adventures Dev
Colaborador
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [GBA-FR]Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames

Honestly, we really need a scripter. So the quality of the scripts depends on whether we find a good scripter soon or not.
Well, I'm not a scripter for long ago, but I've got quite luck when thinking about scripts, so usually the results are satisfactory to me. If you get stuck in something or if you need an idea, you can DM me. Maybe I can help a bit, or not... Depends on time and/or university stuff...

BTW, when you talk about "scripter", are you saying who writes the story or who programs the game?

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [GBA-FR]Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames

Well, I'm not a scripter for long ago, but I've got quite luck when thinking about scripts, so usually the results are satisfactory to me. If you get stuck in something or if you need an idea, you can DM me. Maybe I can help a bit, or not... Depends on time and/or university stuff...

BTW, when you talk about "scripter", are you saying who writes the story or who programs the game?
With scripting I mean writing the code, not the story. ^^
And we recently found 2 scripters, and for now they are doing the first scripts. Hope I can show off some new screens soon, but first we need to fix some problems with extending the flags/vars.
So if you were talking about story help, maybe xD I will message you if I need your help, thanks.

Jack Johnson

Hoenn Adventures Dev
Colaborador

I could do both things, so if you need help or ideas, message me. ;)

Update!

Updated the screenshots with new indoor tiles, benches, and other small things. Also, the "Help us" section got an update, we're now really looking for good spriters. We found scripters, but I'm still waiting for the first results of their work.
I will try to show you the latest FakeDex soon! :D

Rata

Veterano en Gráficos

Wow! So nice! I like your game.
The style of this hack is very awesome.
Just give me credits for the "bonfire" (i dont know how call in english "chimenea" , so, the bonfire) tile in the house.

Greetings! ^^

Wow! So nice! I like your game.
The style of this hack is very awesome.
Just give me credits for the "bonfire" (i dont know how call in english "chimenea" , so, the bonfire) tile in the house.

Greetings! ^^
Oh of course, I forgot that. I'll add you to the credits list :)

MegaSceptile9

Usuario mítico

Wao!, Had not seen this hack.
Let me tell you that visually looks great.

Map Village I quite liked, no doubt 10.

I hope to see more updates.

DeathSpace

Ah orales que chido Hack xD si le doy jajaja

Bueno los mapas son muy bonitos y me encantan los gráficos.
Los scripts deben ser muy buenos, la verdad es que no ve fallo alguno, aunque los sprites de los Fake pueden mejorar :)
No es por sonar mal pero para mi algunos Fakes los veo sencillos, como el pajaro de fuego inicial.. no sé es que no me gusta mucho. Tan solo mi opinión

Sigue mejorando, mucho exito ^^

Ah si te preguntas porque no escribi en English spanish do you xD es porqué medio sé y no me entenderías casi nada.

Ahhh moderfucker yeaaah chido men yougurth hack.

The maps argg very bonito & love the tiles.
The scripts would be very bonitos but the verdad i no ver fallos.
The Fake would be better.
Your sprites are very sencillos and the pajaro of fyre taip dont laik very moch.
It´s may opinion.

Gud lock ^^

Ahhh moderfucker yeaaah chido men yougurth hack.
What. xD
I think I understand what you mean, the fire starter is simple, but you should wait until you see its evolutions. They're... different. Not what you would expect haha.

Raptors/Dinosaurs. ^^

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.