Registrarse

[Rutina] [ASM] Wild Double Battle in BPRE

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [ASM] Wild Double Battle in BPRE

Wrong. Fire Red has various instances of Double Trainer Battles, namely in the form of:
- "Young Couple"
- "Sis and Bro"s
- "Cool Couple"s
- "Crush Kin"
Then I'm not sure... I know there's a wild battle type in FR, but not knowing that the original game uses it. Then I guess EM may also have this bug.

Versekr Dark

Usuario mítico
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [ASM] Wild Double Battle in BPRE

Apparently we can because it's basically checking the tileset, but Jambo51 didn't do it so I didn't include those parts.
Ok, pero he estado viendo la rutina y si se puede mandar hacia el bloque de agua y el bloque de cueva cree que sea posible.

Versekr Dark

Usuario mítico
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [ASM] Wild Double Battle in BPRE

I won't touch these routines recently so that they won't be updated lol.
Ok, pero si quisiera modificarlo para expandir mas bloques tendria que modificar esto:

.word 0x0005000A
.word 0x0005000B
.word 0x0005000C
.word 0x0005000D
.hword 0xFEFE

Podria hacer algo asi:

.word 0x0005000A
.word 0x0005000B
.word 0x0005000C
.word 0x0005000D
.word 0x0005000E
.word 0x0005000F
.hword 0xFEFE

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [ASM] Wild Double Battle in BPRE

Ok, pero si quisiera modificarlo para expandir mas bloques tendria que modificar esto:

.word 0x0005000A
.word 0x0005000B
.word 0x0005000C
.word 0x0005000D
.hword 0xFEFE

Podria hacer algo asi:

.word 0x0005000A
.word 0x0005000B
.word 0x0005000C
.word 0x0005000D
.word 0x0005000E
.word 0x0005000F
.hword 0xFEFE
No, it only work in the specific tileset, as you can see in advance map.

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Quick update. This time the turn of the second pokemon will be skipped if you use a ball or use run at the first pokemon. Thanks Mr Against.

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Notice: The switch check part was improved yesterday. Now it's not related to the expansion of battle script command table

Respuesta: Re: [ASM] Wild Double Battle in BPRE

Triggering a double wild battle via a script is finished.

The source code may be shared some day as i'm not sure if it's buggy.
Hey,

You did an AMAZING job with this. I'm following your work awhile and I was already impressed. I just test this and it works just fine, but I gotta say, not perfectly.

I thought I was lucky because I didn't get any of the issues you mention at the beggining. Instead, the one and only issue I've found it's related to a missigno and a wild pokémon that appears sometimes, or when you go to another map, you find the first pokémon of the previous route again with another pokémon (Would be this happening because I expanded my dex to 850 pokémon? I'm still founding the new ones tho..). Sometimes I found a regular wild pokémon on the zone and other that it wasn't from there.

At the very least, sometimes when you battle against any trainer this battle start all over again when you try to fish or going wild to find some pokémon (when it should show up 2 wild pokémon). Again, I consider both of this as minor bugs but still due to missigno and double trainer battle shows up, I can't put this feature right now.

Thank you for your hard work adding some new stuff to pokémon!

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: [ASM] Wild Double Battle in BPRE

Hey,

You did an AMAZING job with this. I'm following your work awhile and I was already impressed. I just test this and it works just fine, but I gotta say, not perfectly.

I thought I was lucky because I didn't get any of the issues you mention at the beggining. Instead, the one and only issue I've found it's related to a missigno and a wild pokémon that appears sometimes, or when you go to another map, you find the first pokémon of the previous route again with another pokémon (Would be this happening because I expanded my dex to 850 pokémon? I'm still founding the new ones tho..). Sometimes I found a regular wild pokémon on the zone and other that it wasn't from there.

At the very least, sometimes when you battle against any trainer this battle start all over again when you try to fish or going wild to find some pokémon (when it should show up 2 wild pokémon). Again, I consider both of this as minor bugs but still due to missigno and double trainer battle shows up, I can't put this feature right now.

Well I didn't find all the bugs you've found and currently I don't have time to hack. Would you mind trying it on a clean bpre 1.0 ROM to see if the problems still occur? I haven't encountered any missingno in my ROM.

For the other issue I'm quite confused as the "trainer battle" really happens when we want to trigger a fish battle (fish double is not implemented yet but it is really affected, which is veeeery strange) instead of a normal wild battle. I will fix this strange issue in the winter vacation, but not now as I must take exams and write essays. Thank you for your feedback and more screenshots and detailed statements about the bugs you've found will be appreciated.

P.S. i guess all the problem is about fishing. I haven't found any bugs about normal wild battle and trainer battle. Right?

Última edición:

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico

Hey,

I guess it's fixed now, and you can try it if you want

Oh, thank you so much! I will for sure!
I will let you know if something comes up!

Btw, I just try a few days ago your EV-IV display screen (amazing as well) but something's not right because doesn't show my minisprites that well... I guess It's due to I expanded that one and add like the remaining 500 minisprites (gen IV to VII), plus I already had applied a patch that improves old minisprites to new ones (gen I to III), so maybe this tool redirect to an old offset to get those "wrong" minisprites" (idk where to modified that).

Am I guessing right?

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico

Oh, thank you so much! I will for sure!
I will let you know if something comes up!

Btw, I just try a few days ago your EV-IV display screen (amazing as well) but something's not right because doesn't show my minisprites that well... I guess It's due to I expanded that one and add like the remaining 500 minisprites (gen IV to VII), plus I already had applied a patch that improves old minisprites to new ones (gen I to III), so maybe this tool redirect to an old offset to get those "wrong" minisprites" (idk where to modified that).

Am I guessing right?
Yes, it's because it's just an 'experiment' on C hacking, and I don't include it in my own hack. You can try to edit the pointers after insertion.

Hey @jiangzhengwenjz, it's me again. So, I try again your patch and fortunately, that issue about fishing "trainers" when you already face them seems to be gone. Besides, Missignos seems to be gone as well. Yay!

I must forgot to tell you about this, because, while I was testing this again, I try really hard to find if something is wrong, and so far, remains just one thing I forget to tell you about the last time we spoke. When you use a Repel, Super or Max Repel, double wild battle still appears and even with more odds. I must say I edit that item to be like Black&White repel system, the one who ask you to use another.

Again, I'll be in touch If I found something else. This is in fact, and incredible addition. Furthermore, I would like o be in touch with you, I got some really minor issues in my hack and I think ASM and you could help me.

Thank you in advance!