Registrarse

A little chat with Sea Temple Team

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.
Pokemon Sea Temple is a Firered V1.0 hack. In 2016, this game had a release and it was kinda decent back in it's days. It was a solo hack in that time, later Sakib66 decided to help it's original developer LKPST, and oh boy, did they stunned pokecommunity with Z moves? Beside that, this game has a lot of features. But that's for you to find out.

Personal Life:
LKPST: He is 21 years old and Senior High Teacher. He is Christian and from Philippines. He is also, and artist and draw anime characters but he never publish them. He tries to give at least 2 hours to his project on regular day and in holiday, he works half a day.

Sakib66: He is 18 years old Singer. He has a band of his own. But he doesn't want to tell which band as he thinks people may find out his original identity. Sakib is from Bangladesh. He tries to give 15 to 40 mins to Sea Temple and Fireburn everyday.

Interview

UC: About the name of the game? Why its name is "Sea Temple"? Is there any reason for it?

LKPST: Actually, when I watched the movie of Manaphy, it somehow gave me an idea that this pokemon deserves a mascot. That time, I was not aware of the ROM hacking so what I just did was make a concept that Manaphy will be the main mythical Pokémon in the game that I would create.And yeah, I played Pokémon Light Platinum and was amazed that someone made a game out of Ruby, so I thought I could be able to create mine too. And that led me to pursue the idea that I had conceptualized before, naming it to "Pokémon Sea Temple".

UC: From some sites, I found out that this game was abandoned? Would you mind if I ask why?

LKPST: I abandoned the game because I got a very hectic schedule and there were times that the computer I was using is not functioning. But now, I can tell that today's the right time to continue what I had just started and I don't want to come back with just a ROM they have already seen before. I want them to see now that the hiatus I made on this hack has something to harvest now which made me think of some new and cool features that this hack can ever have.

UC: How many betas were released that time?

LKPST: If I am not mistaken, I had released 2 betas.

UC: About Z move...it's probably the first Firered ROM that got this feature...How do you feel about making a unique feature for your ROM?

LKPST: I was actually surprised that the concepts I have in my mind in porting the Z-Moves into firered are possible... I researched a lot to finally make a working code for Z-Moves... although it is not 100% similar to SNM and USUM's mechanics, I think it is still an achievement to me.

UC: What's your team called?

LKPST: For now, it does not have... it's just me and Sakib who are working on this hack. But we'll talk about having a team name...

UC: How did you meet Sakib66?

LKPST: I met him on my facebook page... I posted something there and he commented. He asked me if he could be a part of my team which I don't have any team members that moment cuz I feel so comfortable working alone. And then, I said yes to him because I realized that for this game to have more improvements, I need someone that is very adept on something that I cannot do. Admittedly, music hacking is a no-no to me. I always end up doing terrible things when I attempt to music hack.

UC: @Sakib66 what changes you made to sea temple?

Sakib66: Well, to be honest, I only installed Ipatix's sound mixer. I couldn't add any musics in this beta. But I will try to add in future beta.

UC: I have another question, did you abandon Pokemon Fireburn?

Sakib66: No, it's still in progress.

UC: This question is for LKPST, did you make any game before this?

LKPST: I made Magma Red 2 or 3 years ago. It's actually for the facebook group "Pokémon Addicts the Original". What I did there is added some new Pokémon in FR. I have added a map where you were able to battle the admins in FB.I let selected members there to form a team of their choice and play a part in the "PATO Hall". That was my training ground. It actually made me so imaginative (yes, I claim it) in coding some features... one of those is Z-Move

UC: I checked the thread on PC and WaH, and I must say the story theme is unique. Did you develop the idea by yourself?

LKPST: I developed the idea by myself. The reason for me having this concept is I want something new. Prior to Gen. VII, there is no any backstory about the Sun and the Moon, so maybe I can make this as a concept on my game... I was so terrified about the announcement of Pokémon Sun and Moon Game, I was thinking what if Gamefreak decided to have this kind of concept? But then, I found out that both are different... Some of you might think what will be the purpose of Sea Temple and Manaphy to the story. It's something that I can't spoil right now. But I can assure that the story will not happen just because I want it to happen. All these will happen for a reason.

UC: that's great...I have a question sorry if it offends you. On PC thread, for sometimes the .ups file seems to be not working. After sometimes, Sakib made a post on WaH and from there the patch is available. What actually happened?

LKPST: I made a patch of our beta and uploaded it to dropbox. Before I update the OP in PC, I checked first if the patch file I made is working, yeah it worked. That's why I am confused why it now doesn't work to any FR Roms.. so Sakib decided to have the ROM ready for release and make a patch out of it...The link in OP is now updated.

UC: Most of the hackers are interested in awards...Do you guys hope that Sea Temple will win any awards in future?

LKPST: If that hack deserves a reward then it would be very nice. And honestly, I am waiting for the time that someone will give an award to our hack.

UC: This hack is based on Firered v 1.0...if Pokeruby is completed, will you guys change the base to ruby?

Sakib66: I actually don't think a base is the main reason for a great hack.Nobody generally hacks Leafgreen, but DBZMAY made Pokemon Advanced Adventure which is a Leafgreen hack. My point is Pokeruby or Firered...don't matter that much as long we have skills and passion. However, if Pret Team complete PokeFirered in future, then we will surely think about it.

UC: Ok, thanks to both of you.

LKPST: You are welcome, man.

[If you know a favorite ROM hacker, that you wish me to interview, feel free to let me know in comments/VM/PM!]

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.