Registrarse

[RH - Scripting] [Battle] How this is possible?

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
Sorry its english, i dont know spanish language.

Several years passed from Bug Master new battle style masterpiece, and its seem he disappeared...
Maybe nobody remember him, but he is working on a truly revolutionary battle system for FireRed, and inspired me on a incredible rom hack (maybe i will build up a team if his works see the light) but before i did fantasies on potential rom hack, i need to know: how is possible?

1) How to do this battle screen with fake 3d animated sprites? Somebody here know how to re-create this?
I know his post in R&D section, but this one change the screen, by switching your and opposing pokemon to simulate a modern 3d game

1a) if yes, what could be the limit? It possible to do Gen I to Gen VII?
1b) Could be merged with CFRU?
1c) It will work with Tag/Double battle? Or it will be limited to Single only?

2) What about these beautiful animations? How to make them?

2a) What's the limit? Could we add moves up to Gen VII-VIII with these animation quality?

ZenJM

Rider.
I want to see if I understand well since my English is not very good, you want to learn how to install that battle system in your pokemon fire red, right? Or do you need something more advanced?

Eaas

Profesional de WaH
Want to animate the pokes like in BW?
If you can, here I leave the link of a project that you have implemented that system.
How could you implement it?
Well in FR I can't help you much, but you can ask the owner of that project for help.
Greetings

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
I asking here because sadly Bug Master (the author) disappeared.
Not only the B/W animations, but he did a total new animations for moves, sprites bigger than 64x64 and a sort of "camera switching" between your pokemon and opposing one. Its really revolutionary and it will be a waste to stop that research (but, i say again, he disappeared and i dont think we can see even a Beta)

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
I want to see if I understand well since my English is not very good, you want to learn how to install that battle system in your pokemon fire red, right? Or do you need something more advanced?
Yes, i'd like to know how to replicate that battle system (the first 2 videos). All i remember Bug Master said its done with ASM

ZenJM

Rider.
Analyze again the videos, and I do not deny that there is the possibility of integrating this system to pokemon fire red or another pokemon game, the problem is to know how to insert it. Most likely, the system you showed us was made in RPG maker, unity, or another platform.

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
But he said its a GBA hack... With custom routines, but i cant figure how.
Anyway if someone know how to make that and have problem in english, feel free to reply in spanish as well; i will adapt myself with a translator

kakarotto

Leyenda de WaH
Esos videos ya los había visto y es todo una mentira.

La única forma de hacer esto es con rpgmaker y tener conocimientos altos. Luego le insertas la interfaz de rojo fuego original y gráficos originales o parecidos y ya tienes el efecto. Lo vendes como si fuese gba.

Es imposible meter un modelo 3d en gba por la simple arquitectura de la gba. Créeme que si esto fuese verdad ya lo hubiese hecho más de una persona. No creas todo lo que sale en youtube

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
Ah i know thats impossible to put 3D model on GBA, in fact he call it Fake 3D Sprites; you can find it on pokecommunity; he shared some sprites (and then put BW animation style.
So i dont think its fake, but who know ...

SenorX

Tipo de incógnito
Miembro de honor
Probably he has those fake 3d sprites in frames, he inserted them in the rom and made an animation routine (if I remember, there was a way to make it). If you find the sprites and the routine, job done, I guess. You answered your own question, didn't you?

Eaas

Profesional de WaH

La única forma de hacer esto es con rpgmaker y tener conocimientos altos. Luego le insertas la interfaz de rojo fuego original y gráficos originales o parecidos y ya tienes el efecto. Lo vendes como si fuese gba.

Es imposible meter un modelo 3d en gba por la simple arquitectura de la gba. Créeme que si esto fuese verdad ya lo hubiese hecho más de una persona. No creas todo lo que sale en youtube
A, se refería al 3D.
mira tu, es la primera persona q conosco q pide algo así en GBA lol.

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
Probably he has those fake 3d sprites in frames, he inserted them in the rom and made an animation routine (if I remember, there was a way to make it). If you find the sprites and the routine, job done, I guess. You answered your own question, didn't you?
Yes i know, he did this patch for animation long time ago, if somebody want to dig into:

But obviously this dont change the battle screen; the last words i had with Bug Master were about he fully control the sprites and backgrounds, but due to limits he can only load one sprite at time, so make a sort of screen transition between the User and the Target. But i dont know what he mean, or how to do in Asm, but maybe this explain why he succesful used sprites bigger than 64x64, but how, i dont know

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
Bug Master starts his works from this; by judging about the graphical bugs, im almost sure its GBA:

Manurocker95

Doctorando en Ingeniería Biomédica & Game Dev
Miembro insignia

A parte de que técnicamente “se puede” meter modelos 3D en una gba (no con esa cantidad de polígonos), esta clarísimo que son simplemente sprites y con apenas unos frames. Probablemente haya tomado unos pocos frames de los gifs de smogon

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
A parte de que técnicamente “se puede” meter modelos 3D en una gba (no con esa cantidad de polígonos), esta clarísimo que son simplemente sprites y con apenas unos frames. Probablemente haya tomado unos pocos frames de los gifs de smogon
4 frames.
Bug Master wrote in pokecommunity:

Use this site to catch the gifs:

Spoiler:

*Credits to PKParaíso!!
http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon.php?cid=14#chunk14

I use this programs to resize and retaliate the gifs:

Spoiler:

IrfanView
Paint^_^

Eaas

Profesional de WaH
Souri ai dont spic inglich
Lo siento su inglés, no sé el idioma español.

Pasaron varios años de Bug Master nueva obra maestra de estilo de batalla, y parece que desapareció...
Tal vez nadie lo recuerde, pero está trabajando en un sistema de batalla verdaderamente revolucionario para FireRed, y me inspiró en un increíble truco de rom (tal vez construiré un equipo si sus trabajos ven la luz) pero antes de hacer fantasías sobre el posible hack de rom, necesito saber: ¿cómo es posible?

1) ¿Cómo hacer esta pantalla de batalla con falsos sprites animados en 3D? ¿Alguien aquí sabe cómo recrear esto?
Conozco su post en la sección de I+D, pero este cambia la pantalla, cambiando tu pokémon y el contrario para simular un juego 3D moderno

1a) en caso afirmativo, ¿cuál podría ser el límite? ¿Es posible hacer la Generación I a la Generación VII?
1b) ¿Podría fusionarse con CFRU?

1c) ¿Funcionará con tag/double battle? ¿O se limitará a Solo?

2) ¿Qué pasa con estas hermosas animaciones? ¿Cómo hacerlos?

2a) ¿Cuál es el límite? ¿Podríamos añadir movimientos hasta la Generación VII-VIII con estas calidades de animación?

@ZenJM
Ayer a las 12:41

Quiero ver si entiendo bien ya que mi inglés no es muy bueno, quieres aprender a instalar ese sistema de batalla en tu pokemon rojo fuego, ¿verdad? ¿O necesitas algo más avanzado?

@marios92
Hoy a las 02:55

Pero dijo que es un hackeo de GBA... Con rutinas personalizadas, pero no puedo imaginar cómo.
De todos modos, si alguien sabe cómo hacer eso y tiene problemas en inglés, no dude en responder en español también; Me adaptaré con un traductor

Te pudiera traducir más, pero creo q con esto ya ves de q va.
Saludos

Última edición:

marios92

Aprendiz de leyenda
Andrea (Giratina Legend maker) opinion about:
As for the combat system, in particular the selection of the move, i've created myself a similar system, but i have spent a lot of time using the C language to do that
As for the camera movement during the battles, with relative change of front/back of the sprites, i think that conceptually it may have worked in this way:
- prepared a counter in the RAM that marks the time to frame one of the two pokémon
- Depending on the type of pokémon framed, one part of the BG will be loaded rather than the other (Since the BGs are 512x256 it is quite easy to change the shot, just a simple writing of the I/O memory relative to the coordinates of the BG)
- Similarly, based on the type of shot, one of the two sprites will be shown and this process will repeat itself until a move is chosen
- Once you have chosen a move, the basic battle layout will be loaded

Maybe somebody can figure how these scripts could be?

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.