Registrarse

[Ruby] Pokemon Giratina Legend | 07-04-23 | I'M BACK

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Congratulations! Well deserved prices!

Amazing update. Hope to be able to play the new beta soon!
Thank you Xiros, i really appreciate!
Regarding the beta, i don't want to go into too much detail, but the work is going very well!

Andrea,

Well, what a year! You've got a lot of prizes! And you deserve every single one! That's amazing.
I have to said you're one of the best and most consistent hackers on this site —and around the world, by the way. What you've done was kind of admirable: this proyect has everything, from the tiles and maps to the scripts.

I have nothing more to say, guess. Just wishing you the best of lucks for those things that you need to polish before the release of beta 2.

Keep in touch.
Thank you so much Edo for all these compliments, i'm flattered.

Andrea

Usuario mítico
- New beta coming soon -
I said i wouldn't publish anything until june, but let me explain.
My intention would have been to work progressively on the rom in these months, until a release at the beginning of the summer.
However, to my immense amazement, i found a few days ago that i finished it.
Compared to the old alpha, whose release times have expanded enormously due to the development of the various features, in this beta all the new features were already complete and inserted, which is why i was able to speed up all the work.
I think i don't have to add anything, we see you on march 26!

Última edición:

Xiros

¡Pokémon Omega con actualización del 30/8!
Miembro de honor
Amazing news!

I'm sure it Will be an amazing beta!

The trailer looks amazing by the way :)

Edo

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Miembro de honor
Andrea,

As Xiros says, this looks great. I used to think the beta would be released on June, but this... this is a way better! I'm really excited about the fact we can play the game in like twenty days! That's super cool, bro.

I have no more to say, I guess. Now just need to wait patiently the days left.

See you next time!

SenorX

Tipo de incógnito
Miembro de honor
I can't wait for the release! It's amazing, I think nobody expected it that soon! How will you call this Beta (or Alpha)? Beta 1?
Also, I want to promote it in my Youtube channel. Is it possible to get a pre-released ROM couple days before to record it? Please, let me know, thank you!

Última edición:

Samu

Miembro insignia
Miembro insignia
- New beta coming soon -
I said i wouldn't publish anything until june, but let me explain.
My intention would have been to work progressively on the rom in these months, until a release at the beginning of the summer.
However, to my immense amazement, i found a few days ago that i finished it.
Compared to the old alpha, whose release times have expanded enormously due to the development of the various features, in this beta all the new features were already complete and inserted, which is why i was able to speed up all the work.
I think i don't have to add anything, we see you on march 26!
Those are great news, can't wait to go through the new cities :)

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Amazing news!

I'm sure it Will be an amazing beta!

The trailer looks amazing by the way :)
Thank you very much Xiros, i really appreciate!
Compared to the old alpha, a lot of things have been improved, plus much more intense beta-testing has been conducted!
I hope to be able to donate a much more valid adventure than the previous one!

Andrea,

As Xiros says, this looks great. I used to think the beta would be released on June, but this... this is a way better! I'm really excited about the fact we can play the game in like twenty days! That's super cool, bro.

I have no more to say, I guess. Now just need to wait patiently the days left.

See you next time!
Thanks a lot Edo, now there are less than two weeks!!
In theory, i could have released this new beta earlier, but i thought it would be better to spend a few days to fixing any bugs that might arise!

I can't wait for the release! It's amazing, I think nobody expected it that soon! How will you call this Beta (or Alpha)? Beta 1?
Also, I want to promote it in my Youtube channel. Is it possible to get a pre-released ROM couple days before to record it? Please, let me know, thank you!
Thank you; i think the more appropriate term is beta!
In fact, this rom contains several maps (6 cities, 2 of which can only be visited, 5 routes, 1 cave, 1 wood and two special places) and the total adventure should be around 3/4 hours, with side missions!

As for the youtube channel, of course, i would be truly honored!
A few days before the release, i'll send you the rom on the forum through a pm!

Those are great news, can't wait to go through the new cities :)
Thanks you Samu <3

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Here we are!
After about two years from the first release of the alpha, here is the new beta (downloadable by clicking on the banner below):

I decided to accompany this release with a small gift, a water stone, downloadable via secret gift option by entering the code "260321" (the gift can be obtainable from the postman at any pokémon market).
Returning to the rom, below are a list of known bugs:
- The heart icon has the wrong palettes
- It may happen that by speeding up the game and moving quickly in some maps (Momo Farm & Route 5), the tiles are slightly distorted.
To solve, open/close one of the start menu options.
I also take this opportunity to thank all the users who in this long period have continued to support the project, leaving comments of encouragement and suggestions for improving it.
Also, i sincerely thank Flygon, ~ Ketan, Shippo, eMMe97 and JackHack96, thanks to which a very intense beta testing was conducted on the rom, allowing me to identify and correct many problems!

I conclude this brief speech by communicating to you a news that is beyond the release of this beta, an important change on a conceptual level, transforming Giratina's Legend into something different from what was originally conceived: this hack rom officially becomes a mini-hack, characterized by a shorter adventure than the standard ones.
Let me be clear, absolutely nothing will change for you, but for me it is a particularly important step.
In fact, from this decision it follow that not only the remaining time for the project to be completed will be drastically shortened, but also having less material to work on, i'll be able to take care even more of the few locations/events that i still have to realize.
It is still premature to talk about it, but from the considerations made previously, i can tell you that the next beta that will be released, the version 2.0.0, will be the final beta and will cover the epilogue of the story and the post game.

Said this, i wish you a lot of fun and see you soon!

Polar

Polar dice 🐻‍❄️
Here we are!
After about two years from the first release of the alpha, here is the new beta (downloadable by clicking on the banner below):

I decided to accompany this release with a small gift, a water stone, downloadable via secret gift option by entering the code "260321" (the gift can be obtainable from the postman at any pokémon market).
- It may happen that by speeding up the game and moving quickly in some maps (Momo Farm & Route 5), the tiles are slightly distorted.
I also take this opportunity to thank all the users who in this long period have continued to support the project, leaving comments of encouragement and suggestions for improving it.
Also, i sincerely thank Flygon, ~ Ketan, Shippo, eMMe97 and JackHack96, thanks to which a very intense beta testing was conducted on the rom, allowing me to identify and correct many problems!

I conclude this brief speech by communicating to you a news that is beyond the release of this beta, an important change on a conceptual level, transforming Giratina's Legend into something different from what was originally conceived: this hack rom officially becomes a mini-hack, characterized by a shorter adventure than the standard ones.
Let me be clear, absolutely nothing will change for you, but for me it is a particularly important step.
In fact, from this decision it follow that not only the remaining time for the project to be completed will be drastically shortened, but also having less material to work on, i'll be able to take care even more of the few locations/events that i still have to realize.
It is still premature to talk about it, but from the considerations made previously, i can tell you that the next beta that will be released, the version 2.0.0, will be the final beta and will cover the epilogue of the story and the post game.

Congratulations on the first beta!!! If not, the above were alphas. Well, play like a sick man.

Kaktus

Miembro insignia
Miembro insignia
Here we are!

Finally!

Good job Andrea, I will play it when I'm free. I know this game is going to be one of the best 👏🏼

kakarotto

Leyenda de WaH
I think the idea of turning your project into a minihack is right.
So many years of development and not seeing the final light pissed off a lot, and I understand that.
I'll play it and enjoy it a lot, andrea.

Thank you.

Xiros

¡Pokémon Omega con actualización del 30/8!
Miembro de honor
Here we are!

Congratulations on the new beta! I Will be playing it probably this weekend and give You feedback.

I'm fine with your decision to turn it to a mini-hack. If i manage to be able to move forward in My project, i Will be doing the same since trying to make a really long hack would mean i Will not be able to finish it

SenorX

Tipo de incógnito
Miembro de honor
First of all, thank you for trusting me from the beginning to test and record your Beta. Second, I like the decission that you took. It's been a while since you started this project, and it looks like this is the best thing you can do in order to close this chapter of your romhacking career and move forward for new possible projects.

Good luck in you final beta! You have me for anything you need. Let me know if I can help.

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Answers to previous comments:
Congratulations on the first beta!!! If not, the above were alphas. Well, play like a sick man.
Thank you so much!

Finally!

Good job Andrea, I will play it when I'm free. I know this game is going to be one of the best 👏🏼
Thank you, I hope to not disappoint your expectations!

I think the idea of turning your project into a minihack is right.
So many years of development and not seeing the final light pissed off a lot, and I understand that.
I'll play it and enjoy it a lot, andrea.

Thank you.
Thanks you!
It's precisely for the reasons you mentioned that i decided to take the route of mini-hack; thanks for understanding!

Congratulations on the new beta! I Will be playing it probably this weekend and give You feedback.

I'm fine with your decision to turn it to a mini-hack. If i manage to be able to move forward in My project, i Will be doing the same since trying to make a really long hack would mean i Will not be able to finish it
Thanks you, Xiros.
I'm happy that the choice i made was appreciated and shared in a positive way!

First of all, thank you for trusting me from the beginning to test and record your Beta. Second, I like the decission that you took. It's been a while since you started this project, and it looks like this is the best thing you can do in order to close this chapter of your romhacking career and move forward for new possible projects.

Good luck in you final beta! You have me for anything you need. Let me know if I can help.
Thank you very much Yuri, i really appreciate!
However, I wouldn't have had reason not to let you try the beta in preview, you always seemed to me a serious and professional guy!

Available the new version 1.0.1, downloadable from the previous post or from the main one, in which the following bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed bug in double battles that resulted in a bad egg
- Fixed pokémon icon display when renaming a pokemon
- Fixed moisture particles bug in Origin Cave when loading the game from a save
- Fixed secondary mission text

K3ZZ0

Usuario de platino
I find a little graphics bugs in the beta 1.0.0:
1- There's a tree running through Snorlax
Screenshot_2021-03-27-16-53-15.png

2-Before reaching the cave, you get a trainer with a mini of bug hunter, but the sprite of a mountaineer
Screenshot_2021-03-27-16-54-54.png

Good luck with the Hack !!!

Última edición:
U

Usuario eliminado

Invitado
Congratulations, Andrea! Finally you complete it! I'll give a test to the new release, when I get the time to play it. It looks amazing that you keep solving problems, and fixing playability..

Amazing work! It will be nice to check you still working here and bringing the next Beta.

Greetings~Cheers

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Congratulations, Andrea! Finally you complete it! I'll give a test to the new release, when I get the time to play it. It looks amazing that you keep solving problems, and fixing playability..

Amazing work! It will be nice to check you still working here and bringing the next Beta.

Greetings~Cheers
Thank you so much, i look forward to your feedback!
However, i want the game to be as enjoyable as possible, that's why i'm continuing to correct all the problems that are reported to me (it's possible that another version of the rom will be released in the next few days/weeks)!

you hack is cool
Thank you!

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Available the new version 1.0.2, downloadable as usual from the main post, in which numerous bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed catchrate in wild double battles
- Fixed bug that caused the appearance of a bad egg in box 1 (if it's already present in your save, it will be automatically deleted)
- Fixed summary screen graphic-bug
- Fixed some mapping errors
- Added middle spawnpoints in the Origin Cave
- Fixed some trainer moves
- Fixed HM rock climb description
- Correct layout of all texts and corrected some errors in the dialogues
- Added ability to reuse MT as in Generation V

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Goodmorning everyone!
With a slight delay, i'm writing this post to publicly thank all the members of the forum for showing once again their esteem and affection towards me, especially towards the project:
Also, since after the release of the new beta i haven't written anything new, i take this opportunity to update you on the progress of the project.
Despite the numerous university commitments, i managed to work on some maps that can be visited during the post-game, in particular a snowy city, a desert city and a couple of routes.
Also, i rearranged and reworked the ideas i had about this last part of the story, trying to make it coherent and enjoyable.
Hoping to hear us soon, see you in the next update!