Registrarse

[Otros] Tutorial: 01 - Pokémon Expansion, Emerald USA

LiYuner

Usuario de oro
This tutorial aims to help expand the Pokémon from your Emerald rom hack.
You can proceed smoothly in this tutorial if you have followed this tutorial.

Something worth mentioning is that you must do something, first of all, to be able to compile the Pokémon expansion correctly in your rom.
The devkitARM folder contained within the devkitPro folder of the tutorial above is the most current, which is not compatible with this Emerald build file.
Next, I'll leave the link to the folder that supports the Emerald build files.

Here, this one is for Emerald: DevkitPro - Emerald
And this is for DPE-CFRU(Fire Red): DevkitPro - Fire Red

Now it's time to start getting your hands on the dough. First go to this location: C:devkitPro
Getting there delete the folder devkitARM. After deleting, move the devkitARM(Emerald) file into this folder and extract it right there.

The DevkitPro Emerald serves to make the build compatible with Emerald, but breaks compatibility with DPE-CFRU,
and that's where the file comes in DevkitPro - Fire Red.

When you are compiling something from Emerald just delete the devkitARM folder and extract the file DevkitPro Emerald inside the folder C:\devkitPro.
When compiling the DPE-CFRU just delete the devkitARM folder and then extract the file DevkitPro - Fire Red inside the folder C:\devkitPro.

DPE-CFRU is newer, which requires more current files to work more thoroughly.
Build files for Emerald are older, which require an older version of the devkitARM folder, so I make two files available for both purposes.

Now let's get down to business.

Visit the following link as it is the source of Emerald's Pokémon Expansion:
[EM] Safe, fast and dynamic Pokemon Expansion

The Download Link/Source is this: Safe, fast and dynamic Pokemon Expansion
Direct link: Here

First of all I recommend that you create a main folder to go depositing the files in an organized way, as well as demonstrate in the print below:
1655844321784.png

Did you create your briefcase?

Very good. Now move the file you downloaded into it, then extract it there.
After extracting the file, open the extracted folder and then go to the "scripts" folder and right-click on the file expansion.py.

You should come across something like this:
1655844352258.png

What interests us is just the configuration part of the print above.

free_space: It's the location, an offset with clean space where pokémon expansion will be inserted. Look for free space in your rom hack using The HxD or Free Space Finder. Once you find the offset, just replace the F60000 that already comes in the file with your offset.
new_pokes: Here you will define the number of new Pokemon that will be inserted in your rom hack. By default, in Emerald there are 441 Pokémon, with 386 Pokémon, 24 unused Slots named "?", and the remaining slots are occupied by the Unown forms at the end of the list. That number, 441, does not change. Remove the "X" and in its place add the number of how many new Pokemon you want to insert into your rom hack. For example, let's say I want to insert 800 Pokémon in my rom hack, I would change the "X" to the number 800, thus: new_pokes: 800 + 441, totaling 1241 Pokémon in all in my rom hack.
dex_pokes: Here you will define how many entries will be possible to register in the Pokédex. In the 6th generation this number went up to 721, in the 7th it goes up to 809. Just remembering that the maximum value you can configure here is 999. Any value above that will cause the Pokédex to crash when opening it.
hoenn_dex_pokes: Configure here how many Pokémon you can register in the Déx without first receiving the National Déx. The "dex_pokes" is equivalent to the National Déx, and the "hoenn_dex_pokes" refers to a normal, unupgraded Pokédex. I think you get the point now, don't you?

As for the other options, just leave it set to "True". Next to them there is a brief explanation of what it is about.
I recommend that you download the following file and place it inside the extracted folder, it will help in the
compilation of the expansion: Quick Command - Pokémon Expansion

To be able to compile the expansion in your rom hack, you need to open cmd.
The file above does just that automatically.

After configuring what you should in the expansion.py file, move your rom into the extracted folder and rename it to "rom".
Made it up? Excellent. Now it's time to compile.
Double-click on the "Quick Command" file and wait for the compilation to finish.
In the end, a new file will be generated called "test.gba", this is our rom with the Pokémon expansion applied, and best of all, a .ini compatible
with this expanded hack rom is also generated, which gives you will allow you to edit your hack rom expanded easily by PGE.

After the test.gba and test.ini files are generated, it's time to open your expanded rom in PGE.
Now just open your rom on PGE, open the Pokemon editor and check out the expansion.

Anything, just comment below.