Registrarse

[Otros] Tutorial - Configuring DevkitPro

LiYuner

Usuario de oro
This quick tutorial is useful if you want to use CFRU/DPE or some build file for binary roms,
emerald's Battle Engine Binary Upgrade is an example.
First, download this file here: DevkitPro
Or you can download by the official link: Aqui

Download it and then extract it.
After extracting, click the devkitProUpdater-3.0.3 file.exe.
Go by clicking Next until this screen appears, it uncheck everything and leave only the GBA marked.
1655809304766.png

Click Next and wait for the program to install the necessary components. It is of the utmost importance that
you do not touch your PC / Notebook while everything is installed, because you can cancel something from
the installation unintentionally. After a few minutes, this screen will appear. Click Next, Finish, and that's it.
1655809337899.png

Now the next step is to install Python. Download it via this link: Python v3.7.9
After downloading it, open it and configure it as shown in print:

Then click "Install Now" and wait for the installation to finish. After the installation is complete, close the installer
and restart your PC/Laptop. After it binds, try compiling CFRU on your rom, or any other project via build.
Well, this is a simple tutorial, fast and Practice for you who want to compile something in your rom hack.

If you want to compile CFRU, use this file: devkitARM 3.3
If you want to compile Emerald Engine v1, use this file: devkitARM 2.5

Just go to the C:\devkitPro folder and delete the devkitARM folder, and then extract inside the C:\devkitPro folder
one of the above zipped files according to your need. If you are compiling something from CFRU or DPE, it is
recommended to have version 3.0+ to be able to compile correctly. To be able to compile something in C in the
binary Emerald, it is recommended to have version 2.5 of devkitARM.

I brought this tutorial because soon I will bring 5 other tutorials that will depend on this tutorial to be able to work.
The next tutorials will be: Pokémon Expansion, Item Expansion, Engine Upgrade, Engine Hacked and Overworld Forms,
all for Emerald Binary. They will be tutorials where i would teach you the basics to be able to create a base for your
binary Emerald rom hack, where you can insert or remove whatever you want.