Registrarse

[Otros] Tutorial - Removing Old Sprites, Icons, Digital and Cries - Emerald & Fire Red

LiYuner

Usuario de oro
I believe you've thought at some point about the possibility of removing old data from certain things in your rom hack, such as sprites.

Let's say you update Bulbasaur's sprite, the program will insert his sprite in a new location, but the location where his old
sprite is still being used, the same goes for the icons and fingerprints. As for the cries, if you use the Cry Editor you can
rest assured because it removes the old data, but anyway this tutorial here will also be useful to remove all the cries.

Emerald
Come on, first I will teach you how to remove all Sprites, icons and fingerprints from Pokémon in Emerald.
First open your rom in HxD. Then go to the offset C2FA08. Once there, press CTRL + E.
In the "Final Address" put the offset D44547. Click OK.

In the blue part highlighted, right-click and select the "Fill Selection" option.
Replace 00 with FF, click OK and then press CTRL + S.
That's it, you've just removed all sprites, icons and fingerprints from all Pokémon.

From offset C2FA08 to D44547 you will be free to use it as you wish, but I recommend that you first insert the new Pokémon sprites
before using this space. Next step is to remove all the cries.

Again in HxD, go to offset 746704. Once there, press CTRL + E.
In the "Final Address" put the offset 8D4A14. Click OK. In the blue part highlighted, right-click and select the "Fill Selection" option.
Okay, you've just removed all Pokémon spawn from the game.
From offset 746704 to 8D4A14 you are free to use it as you wish.

Note: Since you removed all Pokémon sprites, the game will crash when starting a battle, or in some event that should show the Pokémon sprite.
To fix this, of course, just insert a new sprite to "solve" the problem.

Fire Red
Open your rom in HxD. Then go to the D2FBD4 offset. Once there, press CTRL + E.
In the "Final Address" put the offset E3B4D7. Click OK.
In the blue part highlighted, right-click and select the "Fill Selection" option.
That's it, you've just removed all sprites, icons and fingerprints from all Pokémon.

From the offset D2FBD4 to E3B4D7 you will be free to use it as you wish, but I recommend that you first insert the new Pokémon sprites before using this space.
Next step is to remove all the cries.
Again in HxD, go to offset 50FBC4. Once there, press CTRL + E.
In the "Final Address" put the offset 69DED3. Click OK. In the blue part highlighted, right-click and select the "Fill Selection" option.
Okay, you've just removed all Pokémon spawn from the game.
From offset 50FBC4 to 69DED3 you are free to use it however you want.

Note: Since you removed all Pokémon sprites, the game will crash when starting a battle, or in some event that should show the Pokémon sprite.
To fix this, of course, just insert a new sprite to "solve" the problem.
Note²: Tutorial only tested on Fire Red and Emerald v1 USA.
==========================================================================================================================
I didn't bring images because the tutorial is very intuitive. Any questions just comment below.

Última edición: