||28 de septiembre de 2014
- Added dust cloud animation when landing after a jump.
- Field animations like grass rustling are now tinted according to the time of day (if appropriate).
- The player and events now only sink into bush tiles if they're stationary.
- Events in tall grass (terrain tag 10 and bush flag set) now sink 32 pixels into it.
- Surfing and diving charsets now use all 4 frames rather than 2.
- The bicycle BGM now stops playing if you cycle to a new map.
- Added method
Kernel.pbTransferSurfing to allow the player to keep surfing after a map transition.
pbExclaim can now make multiple events show the same exclamation animation at once.
- Overhauled Poké Radar scripts to make it work more like the official games.
- Poké Radar can now have exclusive wild encounters.
- Poké Radar now takes SHINYPOKEMONCHANCE into account (same ultimate chance).
- Simplified the converting of an item into an item/Pokémon (for Kurt/Fossil Reviver) a little.
- Happiness gain due to walking tweaked to work like in Gen 5 games.
- Pickup now uses the B2W2 set of items.
- Raised Pokémon species name and kind lengths to 20 characters (longer species names won't fit in some display areas, though).
- Pokémon names no longer have the gender symbol cut off their end.
- Removed the gender icons from the Nidoran names.
- Eggs now inherit the type of Poké Ball they are in from their mother.
- Basculin now inherits its mother's form (or of whichever parent isn't Ditto).
- Spiky-eared Pichu can no longer evolve.
- Tweaked Shiny Charm's effect.
- Text messages can now also line break themselves after a hyphen.
- Sped up the text speed options.
- Sped up many screen transitions.
- Sped up box sliding in the storage screen.
- Optimised loading of various sprites and icons.
- Added egg hatching animation (by FL).
- Added icons to the naming screens to show what you're naming (player/Pokémon/storage box).
- Animated the player in the load screen's Continue panel.
- Removed unnecessary redrawing of bitmaps in the Pokégear menu.
- Improved FPS in Pokédex forms page.
- Tweaked the animation of the line-ups appearing in battle.
- The battle command menu now selects Fight each round by default, rather than what you chose to do in the last round.
- Made battle buttons glow more when selected.
- Small error-preventing tweaks to HP changing in battle.
- Sped up some HP changes in battle.
- Significantly sped up the filling of the Exp bar in battle.
- Made changes to the AI.
- "Battle scene" option now prevents all move/common animations from showing.
- Removed messages that weather remains in effect, to speed up things slightly.
- The sleep status now applies for 1-3 turns.
- Added effect of Foul Play.
- Added Friend Guard's effect (currently only affects damage taken from an attack).
- Added Sheer Force.
- Added Life Orb's effect.
- Mental Herb now also ends the effect of Heal Block.
- Quick Ball now applies a 5x capture rate in the first turn of battle.
- Cleaned up some battle code.
- Replaced move-processing scripts with new, tidier versions.
- Added simple way to store the outcome of a trainer battle (single or double) in a global variable.
- Added trainer comment "Outcome", which is the variable in which to store the result of that trainer battle.
- Added way to play the charging animations of two-turn attacks.
- Made new Tail Whip animation.
- Added ghost frames in the Animation Editor which show the previous frame's cels.
- Reverted changes to class StringInput from v13.
- Minor rearranging of some script sections at the bottom.
pbGenerateEgg can now accept predefined Pokémon.
- Added method
- Methods in
$PokemonBag.pbQuantity) no longer need PBItems: in their arguments.
- Changing the map view mode in the scripts no longer requires you to delete your save for the change to apply.
- Added the ability to change the buying and/or selling price of an item in a particular Mart.
- Can now stop def
pbPhoneRegisterNPC from showing its "registered Dave" message.
- In Debug mode, can hold Ctrl while using the Poké Radar to ignore its low battery.
- In Debug mode, can hold Ctrl to Fly to places you haven't yet visited.
- Can now toggle the Internal flag rather than just turn it on via the Debug option.
- Made it easier to set the size of a square on the Town Map (default 16x16 pixels).
- Edited townmapgen.html to allow working with squares of different sizes (1-16 pixels width/height).
- Added Pokémon gender ratio FemaleSevenEighths for completeness.
- Tidied up references to evolution methods to make them easier to redefine.
- Can now make evolution methods whose variable is an elemental type.
- Tweaked move descriptions to make them all display fully when shown in the summary screen.
- Tweaked ability descriptions to make them all display fully when shown in the summary screen.
- Merged the Pokémon Pack back into the main download because people can't follow instructions.
- Tweaked waterfall autotiles.
- Added autotiles for water currents.
- Fixed arrow key graphic in the controls screen.
||2 de diciembre de 2013
- Split the Pokémon sprites/icons/cries into a separate downloadable pack.
- Updated the altitudes of all species in Pokémon Pack 1.
- Added support for Mega Evolution.
- Text in common events is now extracted and can be translated.
- The names and descriptions ("points of interest") of points on the Town Map are now extracted and can be translated.
- Rearranged the order in which text is extracted - this breaks older extracted text files (including compiled language files).
- Remade the Continue/New Game screen.
- The hidden move animation now uses graphics and looks nicer.
- Increased the off-screen border within which events still update to a thickness of 4 tiles.
- Light and OutdoorLight can now have a filename put in brackets after them, for custom light glow graphics.
- Added support for multiple outfits per player character.
- Added a "Large" screen size option.
- Added Setting to let you define which Dex lists begin at 0 rather than 1 (the species numbers in those Dex lists are 1 less than they appear in "pokemon.txt").
- Improved Debug options for the Day Care.
- Added Debug options which provide the Pokédex, running shoes and a demo party.
- Added Debug option for locking/unlocking Dex lists.
- Added Debug option which will make debugging battles easier.
- The Debug option "Advance Roaming" now also makes it possible to encounter another roamer on the same map.
- You can now cancel creating/editing a Mystery Gift.
- Moved many battle constants (such as text colours and Pokémon coordinates) to the new script section PokeBattle_SceneConstants.
- Added z values to everything in the battle screen.
- Made new battle animation player with extra features.
- Multi-hit moves can (must) have a separate animation for each hit, with only the first named appropriately.
- Multi-target moves now only show their animations once per use rather than once per target.
- A move can now have easy access to multiple animations (not currently enabled by default).
- Made behind-the-scenes change to how command/fight buttons work/appear in battle.
- Major changes to using items in battle, so that they're now used in priority order, only one Poké Ball can be thrown per turn, and so on.
- Pokémon are now switched out in battle before trainers use items, rather than after.
- HP lost in battle is now highlighted in black while losing it.
- Holding Ctrl while using a move in Debug mode now guarantees it will have its additional effect.
- Holding Ctrl while throwing a Poké Ball in Debug mode now guarantees capture.
- A Poké Ball that has successfully captured a Pokémon now lingers for a while before fading away.
- Pokémon in battle now put new EVs to use immediately even without levelling up.
- Improved the fainting animation to make all Pokémon now fall into the ground and not appear in front of things they should be behind.
- The player's partner now heals the player's team after a battle with a roaming Pokémon.
- Added lots of new move animations.
- Improved the appearance and functionality of the Animation Editor.
- Frame numbers in the Animation Editor now start at 1 rather than 0.
- Can now renumber an animation cel, for easier cel batching.
- Added background and foreground properties to attack animations, as well as a way to edit them in the Animation Editor.
- Can now play the user's cry in an animation.
- Each cel in an animation now has its own focus, rather than them all depending on the animation's "position".
- Importing an old animation will update it to the current format if necessary.
- Editor's "Export all animations" option now also exports background and foreground graphics.
- Animations in the RMXP Database are no longer converted to battle format by the Compiler.
- The player now moves faster (running speed) while sliding on ice.
- The limit to how many items you can choose to add via Debug or buy from a Mart at once is now a full stack of items, rather than a fixed 99.
pbTriadDuel now returns the result of the game (1=won, 2=lost, 3=draw).
- Added method
- Added an easy method to get the screen_y coordinate of an event as if it wasn't jumping (useful for placing shadows).
- Playing cries might cause fewer problems now.
- Replaced the class StringInput with a new version by Poccil.
- Minor tweak to Burmy's form-seeing.
- A Pokémon species can now have up to 4 defined hidden abilities.
||16 de junio de 2013
- Rearranged some script sections.
- Tweaked various compiler/Editor scripts.
- Created a Pokémon species Editor script.
- Created a Regional Dex Editor script.
- Created a method to rearrange animations (not usable by default).
- Improved terrain tag editor.
- Can now use arrow keys to move around the Visual Editor.
- Reinstated an 8 item limit for trainers.
- Can now define the type of Poké Ball a trainer's Pokémon is in.
- A trainer type's AI skill level is now independent of that trainer type's base money reward.
- Can now easily change the number of species lines expected for an encounter method.
- Probabilities for each species line for an encounter method no longer need to sum to 100.
- Scripts now allow for gaps in the National Pokédex.
- Centralised all code which gets a filename that involves an ID (e.g. icons, cries, charsets, etc.).
- Filenames which have an ID number in their name can now use an internal name instead. Affects:
- Pokémon sprites, icons, cries, footprints.
- Item icons, mail backgrounds, berry tree charsets.
- Trainer charsets, front sprites, back sprites, Town Map face icons, Vs animation graphics.
- Added a raft of new move animations.
- Added animations Common:HealthUp and Common:HealthDown.
- Added support for animations which show when a Poké Ball opens to capture a Pokémon (Common:BallBurstX, where X is the ball's number).
- Generally tidied up code for move effects.
- Made some tweaks involving what happens when for multi-hit moves.
- Oval Charm's percentages are now 40/80/88.
- EV-enhancing items now have an effect during breeding.
- When using an evolution stone, Pokémon will now say "able" or "not able".
- A received/obtained item's name is now shown in blue rather than red.
- Added new message tags
\pog (acts as
\r depending on the player's gender).
- Events with "noreflect" in their name will not have reflections in still water.
- Added trainer comment "Continue", which determines if the player can continue on if they lose the battle (applies to all rematches by default).
- Renumbered the Essentials-specific Global Switches.
- The shiny and fateful encounter switch numbers are now defined in the script section Settings.
- Added a NO_MONEY_LOSS Global Switch.
- Moved StorageCreator metadata to the script section Settings.
- Removed the unused TextSkin global metadata.
- Added quick method
- You can now leave out PBSpecies: when creating a new PokeBattle_Pokemon object.
- You can now leave out PBSpecies: when using
- Added more windowskins, and moved over to HGSS style.
- Put Nidorina and Nidoqueen in the Monster and Field egg groups.
- Tweaked skill levels of some trainer types.
- The chance of a Shadow Pokémon entering Hyper Mode after using a particular move is now higher if its heart gauge is lower (previously always 100%).
||23 de diciembre de 2012
- Added Gen 5 Pokémon.
- Added Mystery Gift scripts.
- Added Tile Puzzle mini-games.
- Added Vs. trainer animation by Luka S.J (tweaked by Maruno).
- Tweaked parts of the example maps.
- The Tiall Region now has wild encounters.
- Tweaked some tilesets.
- Rearranged and improved the Pokémon debug menu.
- Added debug options "Rename Player" and "Randomise Player's ID"
- Added common animations: Sleep, Paralysis (by Brother1440), Burn (by Maruno).
- Added placeholder animations: Poison, Frozen.
- Added move animations: Block, Fire Blast, Foresight, Mean Look, Scary Face (by Brother1440).
- A Fire-type Hidden Power can now defrost its target.
- AI now considers NPC trainers' skill level (their base money) when deciding which moves to use.
- Minor addition of some effects to the AI score calculations.
- Added a new move target option: "OppositeOpposing" (used for Curse).
- Fling now names the item that was flung.
- Added Global Variable which records the number of times the Elite Four have been beaten.
- Added Global Switch which makes any generated Pokémon a fatefully encountered one.
- Partner trainers now stay out of single battles against single trainers.
- Added Pokémon property obtainText, which overrides the obtainMap's name if it is not nil.
pbGenerateEgg now has a second parameter for obtainText.
- Eggs from the Day Care now say they were received from the Day-Care Couple.
- Breeding now has an 80% chance of the mother passing down their ability (unless it's a Hidden Ability).
- Added Pokémon property fused, which records the details of another Pokémon fused with it.
- Changed and improved how ribbons work.
- Mail now records all the variables about the featured Pokémon that Pokémon icons can depend on.
- Added form-specific EV yield for Kyurem.
- Added effect for DNA Splicers.
- Added Setting: STORAGEBOXES.
- Added Setting for Map View Mode, and removed the choice from the Options screen.
- Bag pocket names and Dex names will now be extracted for translation like (almost) all other text, rather than be special cases.
- The Pokédex's Regional Dex list screen can now show up to 5 Dexes (plus "Exit") at once, and will scroll if necessary.
- Improved how nest points are displayed, including removing overlaps between highlighted squares.
- Removed Arceus's forms from being shown in the Pokédex; now just the regular form is available.
- Removed an unnecessary restriction on when to show the "registered" icon in the Bag.
- The cycing music now always overrides the regular music.
- The "Erase event" event command now works identically to
- Added map metadata "MapSize", which allows 1 map to span more than 1 square on the region map.
$PokemonMap.bridge is now a number (the height of the bridge, default 2) rather than a boolean.
- Fixed default graphic for a berry plant.
- Mart screen now uses the gold windowskin for its money box.
- Tweaked messages shown when obtaining/finding an item.
- You can now choose your own name for exported animations.
Kernel.pbMessageFreeText now has a definable width for its text box (default 240).
- The text entry box for typing in mail messages is now as wide as the screen.
- Added method
- Added method
- Added method Kernel.pbChooseItem for simple choosing of an item in the Bag.
- Removed the 4 item limit for trainers.
- The splash screen now plays a random cry when closing.
||22 de octubre de 2012
- Created all-new tilesets (from FRLG, plus a few custom tiles), and fully imported them into Essentials with all properties set. Credit to Maruno if used.
- Created all-new charsets (from FRLG). Credit to Maruno if used.
- Created all-new example maps.
- They include many more features than the old maps.
- Created an all-new "trainertypes.txt", filled with FRLG trainers.
- Updated PBS file "tm.txt" to include all Gen 4 and Gen 5 move tutor moves (including B2W2 ones).
- Added "PlayerA" metadata entries for fishing and fishing-while-surfing charsets.
- Updated all Pokémon to their B2W2 movesets and BaseEXP values.
- Charsets which include the word "offset" will be shifted 16 pixels (half a tile) downwards.
- Tweaked reflections accordingly, and improved/generalised the y-shifts for reflections.
- Player now constantly bobs and slowly animates while surfing or diving.
- Greatly improved the bridges scripts.
- The day/night shading no longer depends on the date - all days are identical now.
- When a Repel runs out, the game will now immediately ask if you want to use another one.
- Changed the Bug Catching Contest score calculation to something similar to HGSS.
- Roaming Pokémon actually work now.
- Tweaked the possible roamer encounter types, and added one for fishing encounters.
- Shadow Pokémon sprites/icons are no longer automatically shaded purple.
- A Shadow move now directly replaces the regular move in the same position in the moveset (i.e. a Pokémon with 1 Shadow move may only relearn its 2nd, 3rd and 4th regular moves).
- Shadow Pokémon now have access to all their moves (including regular ones) while they're owned by an enemy trainer.
- Breeding with an Everstone now always causes the holder's nature to be inherited, and works for both parents (50/50 chance of each if both parents have an Everstone).
- Masuda method increased to 6x normal probability.
- Added Setting: Maximum number of Game Corner coins.
- Moved roaming Pokémon details to the script section Settings.
- Added Debug options: "Roaming Pokémon Status", "Advance Roaming".
pbShowMap can now define which region it shows (the current region by default), and whether it is a wall map being looked at ("true" by default).
- The Region map/nest map can now show extra graphics in fixed locations depending on Global Switches (e.g. for discovered hidden areas).
- Nest maps now don't show a nest location on any squares that are hidden (i.e. whose Global Switch is OFF).
- Added new items: DNA Splicer, Reveal Glass, Oval Charm, Shiny Charm.
- DNA Splicer's effect has not been added. Oval Charm's effect is a placeholder which halves the chance of NOT getting an egg each cycle.
- Added form differences for Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem and Keldeo.
- Tweaked where each form of Burmy/Wormadam resides.
- Abilities which activate upon their bearer entering battle now activate after all switching-in has happened rather than immediately after each switch-in (Anticipation, Download, Forewarn, Frisk, Imposter, Intimidate, Trace, weather inducers).
- Tweaked code for using held berries in battle.
- Rearranged the end-of-battle-round effects to match how BW works.
- The move Outrage now causes its confusion as part of the move's effect, rather than at the end of the battle round.
- Focus Punch's "tightening its focus" message now appears immediately before use, rather than at the beginning of the round.
- The move Skill Swap now states which abilities were swapped.
- Hidden Power calculations are now done in a stand-alone method.
- Improved Triple Triad (better graphics, more rules, added ways to set rules/opponent's deck/prize card, bug fixes).
- Created method
pbChooseItemFromList (used for fossil revivers/Kurt/Repel's renewal).
- Any move defined with a total PP of 0 is an infinite-use move, and isn't affected by PP alterations.
pbPokemonMart can now use items listed as :POTION as well as PBItems::POTION.
$Trainer values which may be used with Mystery Gift.
- Added text display option
\CN, which shows a coins window similar to
- Improved the appearance of the gold/coins windows.
- Default BGM volume reduced from 100 to 80.
- Tidied up the contents of a few script sections.
- Added a Hall of Fame script.
- Removed the existing MySQL support because it doesn't work.
- Added pocket icons in the messages saying a newly-obtained item has been put away.
- Pre-v9 "PkmnAnimations.rxdata" files now have their animations displayed properly.
- Tweaked the Pokédex screens to allow larger sprites (up to 192x192).
||11 de agosto de 2012
- Added Setting:
POCKETAUTOSORT, an array of which Bag pockets auto-sort themselves by item ID number.
- Pockets which auto-sort themselves cannot be manually rearranged.
- Added Setting;
USENEWEXPFORMULA to toggle between the old and new Exp calculation formulae.
- Added Setting: Number of badges needed to boost each stat in battle.
- Strength can now be used from the party screen anywhere, not just when in front of boulders, and now cannot be used if already in use.
- Field moves can now freely be used in Debug mode again, without needing to hold Ctrl.
- The escape point for Escape Rope/Dig now works differently.
- The map-specific metadata "EscapePoint" was deprecated and removed from the game.
- Roaming Pokémon are now defined individually rather than per species (i.e. more than 1 roamer per species is now allowed).
- Roaming Pokémon should now actually work.
- Consumable items can now be used on Pokémon repeatedly while you still have any.
- The trading animation now shows the correct Poké Balls the Pokémon are in.
- Added mining mini-game.
- Triple Triad cards of Normal/something-type Pokémon are now the "something" type rather than Normal.
- Added item effect: Power Herb.
- Added calls to common animations for weather at end of rounds (the animations themselves don't exist, though).
- Improved messages returned by
pbThis in battle.
- Tweaked scss error to better explain itself, and to allow the player to delete the save file and start anew.
- Replaced all (appropriate) individual calls to Time.now with a call to a single method found in PokemonTime.
pbHasEgg? now does its job, and returns whether the given species can be legitimately found as an egg (including Manaphy and Roselia et al.).
- Rearranged some script sections, including PokemonUtilities.
- Remade def
pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies to be more complete; it now also supports Shadow sprites (although they're currently still shaded purple by the game).
- Remade def
pbPokemonIconFile to be more complete; it now also supports gender, shiny and Shadow icons (i.e. everything that
- The Pokédex forms page was improved by using the above updated methods.
- Reduced the limit on the usable move flags to "p" inclusive.
- The PBS file "moves.txt" now includes all proper move flags again.
- Removed the blank entry in the "PlayerA" metadata.
- Reduced file size of Slots win music by 90%, saving about 1MB.
- Added windowskin "signskin.png".
||10 de julio de 2012
- Added and improved many ability effects.
- Added and improved many item effects.
- Added and improved many move function code effects.
- Pokémon now change forms during battle.
- Changed how items are saved during battle; they now restore themselves at the end of battles where appropriate.
- Exp Share, Lucky Egg and all Macho Brace-like items apply even while knocked off.
- The following properties of a Pokémon can now be form-specific:
- Base Exp yield (none).
- EV yield (Deoxys, Wormadam, Shaymin, Darmanitan, Meloetta).
- Wild Pokémon's held items (Basculin).
- Weight (Giratina, Shaymin).
- Added form difference details for Gen 5 Pokémon.
- Recording a form as seen should now work with older savegames.
- Renamed existing animation types (to "Target" and "Both battlers").
- Added animation type: "Screen" (cels are never moved, doesn't include battler sprites). Not related to the old "Screen" (which is now called "Both battlers").
- Cels in animations with position "Both battlers" can now have either higher (1) or lower (0) priority. Lower priority cels are drawn first; default is higher priority.
- Added Debug options: "Set Player Character", "Set Badges".
- The Debug option "Add Item" now lists items alphabetically rather than by ID number.
- Added confirmation message to the External Editor's "Reposition all sprites" option.
- The winning Lottery number now depends on the day, and isn't changed via resetting the game.
- The Lottery can now be played any number of times per day (until there is a win), and the example event now resets at midnight rather than after 24 hours.
- Deleted the script section PokemonBoxManager, and all related code.
- Simplified trading by removing parameters from
- You can now pre-create a Pokémon to receive from a trade (and must, if you want to define its gender/shininess/form/item).
- Added method
- Touched up Regional Storage scripts.
- The Poké Mart now uses "itemBack.png".
$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail is no longer cleared when changing regions.
- Improved accuracy/evasion calculations.
- Lowered the player's jumping height.
- Improved the appearance of the darkness circle in dark maps.
- Added move box graphic and type icon for the Shadow type.
- Added a mini-game event into the example maps.
||15 de mayo de 2012
- Improved the Debug options in the Party screen and Pokémon storage screen, and added the following:
- "Set HP/Status", "Toggle Shiny", "Set Happiness", "Forget Move", "Reset Movelist", "Make Shadow", "Lower Heart", "Change Values"
- Removed the "Toggle menu" Debug options in the Pause menu's debug menu.
- Improved the Debug options in the Pause menu's debug menu, and added the following:
- "Refresh Map", "Ready Phone Rematches", "Check Day Care", "Force Day Care Egg", "Test Double Wild Battle", "Test Double Trainer Battle"
- HM moves can now be forgotten in Debug mode.
- When using moves outside battle by interacting with something during Debug mode, Ctrl must be held to make it work if it otherwise wouldn't.
- Added override flags for a Pokémon's gender, nature and shininess, and easy methods for changing them. Changing them no longer affects the personal ID, just the flag.
- Changed and increased the information that can be defined for a trainer's Pokémon.
- Trainer-owned Pokémon now have the appropriate form-specific movesets (if no custom moveset was defined).
- Wild Pokémon, Pokémon obtained in a trade, and eggs from Day Care Center - if their forms are set automatically upon creation, they will now have the appropriate form-specific movesets.
- Deoxys/Rotom/Giratina/Shaymin/Arceus now have the "onSetForm" procedure, which records the new form as being seen (required as they can change their form naturally).
- Wormadam's form is now set upon its creation in the same way as Burmy (but it won't change afterwards) - this just allows wild Wormadam with Sandy/Trash Cloaks.
- Unown's form no longer depends on its personal ID, and is instead randomly set when created.
- Added "FormNames" as a property that can be defined in the PBS file "pokemon.txt".
- The Pokédex Forms page now fully works.
- Added setting
ALWAYSSHOWALLFORMS, which relates to the Forms page of the Pokédex.
$Trainer.formseen (a 3D array of all forms that have been seen) and
$Trainer.formlastseen (a 2D array of the last form looked at for each species).
- Added def
pbSeenForm(poke) for easy recording of a form (used by default in any Pokémon-seeing/gaining situation, including Debug options).
- Added Slot Machine mini-game.
- Added Voltorb Flip mini-game.
- Improved how the credits scroll, and removed the Easter Egg.
- The Options screen now has an example message text box.
- Random phone calls can now use the morning and evening greetings.
- OutdoorLight now works again.
- The low battery warning no longer offers to save the game, to avoid potential problems to do with saving in awkward places.
- Superficially tweaked the "using field move" animation.
- The phrase
\PN in a map's name is now replaced by the player's name.
- When using Ether et al., each move's PP is now also displayed.
- In the Summary screens, the stat names are coloured to show how they are affected by the Pokémon's nature.
- Overhauled how a Pokémon gains/loses happiness, and corrected all values.
- Added Pokérus.
- Added switch
$PokemonGlobal.snagMachine - if it is TRUE, then all Poké Balls are Snag Balls.
- Added array
$Trainer.shadowcaught which stores the species of captured Shadow Pokémon.
- The BGM for each Roaming Pokémon can now be defined.
- Charcoal et al. now boost all moves of their type, and by 20%.
- All damaging moves now have flag f (affected by King's Rock) set.
- All unimplemented function codes now behave as unimplemented moves.
- Foreign language Pokémon now have an Exp multiplier of 1.7 (same language Pokémon not originally owned by the player still have a 1.5 multiplier).
- Pokémon obtained in a trade now have 0 chance to be shiny if they're supposed to be non-shiny.
- Added "canlose" parameter to
- Fixed typo in "transferred to Box 1" message in battle.
- A species' Kind can now be up to 13 characters long (bf. 12).
- The "Change Windowskin" event command now works, although is likely useless.
- Tweaked positions of some Pokémon sprites/altitudes.
- Corrected Lure Ball's icon.
- The trimming of text skins and the positioning of text within them now depends on the dimensions of the skin, rather than on txt files (which didn't compress).
- Fixed the DP "Power Clear" font - you should delete it from your computer, and let Essentials re-install it.
- Removed all non-existent messages from the extracted text file.
- Removed notes and advanced notes files, and removed all reference to the notes from the scripts (they now refer to the wiki instead).
||23 de abril de 2012
- Changed default screen size to 512x384.
- Renamed various files.
- Replaced all Pokémon sprites with 160x160 ones.
- Updated pokemon.txt, and added a copy that includes Kanto/Johto regional numbers.
- Updated items.txt to include Gen 5 items, and rearranged/pruned items.
- Added new version of abilities.txt with full-length descriptions.
- Updated tm.txt with all current TMs/HMs and Gen 4/5 move tutor moves.
- Added in
$PokemonGlobal.startTime which records when the player started a new game.
- Added WildItemUncommon (5% chance) setting for a species, and made WildItemRare have a 1% chance instead. If all three are the same, the chance is 100%.
- Changed the way information is saved (to allow location to be shown in "Continue" load game screen).
- A Database animation is only copied across if the corresponding Animation Editor animation is 1 frame long (i.e. blank).
- Recompiled PkmnAnimations.rxdata to remove the blank frame at the beginning of each animation.
- Tweaked Pokémon Debug's "Show Values" option.
- Shadow Pokémon are now coloured as Shadow Pokémon everywhere.
- Completely changed ribbons data to make it simpler and allow more than 32 ribbons.
- Pokémon names ending in ♂♀ have them removed in the Party screen, Summary screens, battle boxes and Pokémon storage.
- A newly-caught species' Pokédex entry is no longer shown if the player doesn't have a Pokédex (although it is still recorded as being caught).
- The Phone is not available in the Pokégear if there are no numbers registered.
- Recoloured Spinda's spots/sprites.
- Updated Editor's scripts.
- Tweaked the cave entrance animation.
||28 de enero de 2012
- Added icons for the player's location and Fly destinations in the Town Map.
- Centred the Town Map and nest map on the screen, and added a background.
- Changed the demonstration Pokémon team, and gave them all the moves usable out of battle (except Milk Drink).
- Animation for using a move out of battle is now shown for all such moves (where appropriate).
- Added Sunny weather as a definable weather type for a map.
- Added the ability to set a roaming Pokémon's encounter type (current options: any reasonable, grass only, surfing only).
- Added def
Kernel.pbTransferUnderwater that allows for map transfers while remaining underwater.
- Allowed the foe's side of field in battle to shift vertically depending on the screen size.
- Rock Pokémon's Special Defence is now boosted by 50% in sandstorms.
- Updated the TM/HM list to Gen 5 version, and added compatibilities to "tm.txt".
- Added new version of the DP font, which includes the space character.
- Renamed trainer card graphics/background.
- Decapitalised species names and kinds in "pokemon.txt".
- Decapitalised trainer types.
- Added more door charsets.
- Added new versions of some water-related autotiles (including a new fountain autotile).
- Added cry file for Shaymin's Sky Forme.
- A Pokémon's base EXP is now saved in two bytes, thus allowing values above 255.
- Improved the handling of the screen zoom when starting the game.
- Options screen now shows only two screen size choices (removed the bordered options), which now depend on the actual screen size.
- Improved the phone: Registered trainers can now be rebattled, non-trainers can now be registered (Prof. Oak an example), can't call/be called by a contact if they're in a different region.
- Added dual column functionality to the credits, and added a couple more names.
- Improved breeding to include a chance of the egg inheriting the mother's hidden ability, and updated odds of Masuda method (parents of different languages are more likely to result in a shiny).
- Improved the error message involving lines beginning with '('.
- Added mySQL support.
- Added ability effects: Anger Point, Defeatist, Flare Boost, Heatproof, Honey Gather, Intimidate (out of battle), Iron Fist, Motor Drive, Quick Feet (out of battle), Rattled, Reckless, Rivalry, Sand Rush, Sand Veil (out of battle), Sap Sipper, Skill Link, Slow Start, Snow Cloak, Snow Warning, Tangled Feet, Toxic Boost.
- Updated ability effects: Blaze, Magic Bounce (message), Overgrow, Swarm, Torrent.
- Corrected move effects: Magic Coat (message).
||24 de diciembre de 2011
- Added common setting: Array for custom naming trainers with particular trainer types (e.g. for rivals).
- Added common setting: Toggle between typing text entry and letter-choosing text entry methods.
- Added common setting: Toggle between surfacing anywhere and surfacing only where you could dive from above.
- Added common setting: Whether a move is physical or special can depend on either the move or its type.
- Added common settings: array of Dex names and the regions they correspond to (affects which nest map is shown), and toggle between location-based and manual chice of Dex list to show.
$Trainer.pokedexSeen can now return regional values if the region number is the argument (default is the National Dex values as before).
- Pokédex now only appears in Pause menu if there is at least 1 viable Dex list (i.e. unlocked and contains at least 1 seen species).
- Added Pokédex list menu screen for choosing which Dex to view, and reskinned Pokédex.
- Added support for hidden abilities, and included them in pokemon.txt.
- Added Debug option to change a Pokémon's ability.
- Tweaked the colours of Spinda's spots.
- Added support for different movesets for different Pokémon forms.
- Straightened out existing animations, and added a couple of new ones. Move animations just stretch now, and don't rotate.
- A move's animation can now depend on which side the user is on.
- Redrew a couple of maps, removed the default RMXP graphics tileset, and added some new autotiles.
- Added girl player character charsets, and renamed some pictures in Pictures folder.
- Trainers can now only be registered in the phone if the player has a Pokégear, and they ask first (and can ask after every battle).
- After cancelling/failing to use an item on a chosen Pokémon, no longer returns to the Bag automatically.
- Expanded darkness after using Flash now doesn't disappear until a non-dark map is entered (previously it disappeared when entering any new map).
- Poké Marts can now sell important items, but you can only buy 1 of each of them, and they disappear from the list afterwards.
- Overhauled berry planting: graphics are used, growth rates and yield depend on the berry, berries replant themselves a given number of times, etc.
- Added sooty grass and its collection into the Soot Sack.
- Terrain tags are now only referred to by name in the scripts, not by number.
- Compiled item balls won't have "::" before the PBItem anymore.
- Filled in PBS file "shadowmoves.txt".
- Removed "Machines" as a property that can be defined for a Pokémon species (it was unused).
- Party lineup animation at the start of trainer battles now includes a separate ball icon for Pokémon with status problems.
- Tweaked the positions of a region map's name/point name to not be pushed against the edges.
- Removed berry tag screen.
- Added ability effects: Adaptability, Big Pecks, Flame Body (out of battle), Ice Body, Iron Barbs, Justified, Magic Bounce, Magma Armor (out of battle), Quick Feet, Regenerator, Steadfast.
- Updated ability effects: Minus, Plus, Rough Skin, Effect Spore.
- Added item effects: All Incense items (breeding-related only).
||3 de octubre de 2011
- Renumbered all move function codes, and edited all related scripts (including AI).
- Defined some new move flags, 3 of which are used: thaws user, sound-based, high critical hit rate.
- Included some more move effects, and updated some existing ones.
- Included new version of moves.txt with all moves defined.
- Included new version of abilities.txt with all abilities defined, with shortened descriptions.
- Added more common settings: Initial money, max money, does fishing auto-hook, are TMs infinite use items, language array, Safari Zone steps, Bug Contest time (both can be 0 if infinite).
- Bag pocket names (and pockets themselves) are now easily defined in Settings.
- What you can do with an item in the Bag now depends on the item, not the pocket.
- Moves taught by TM/HM now inherit the PP of the move they replace.
- Added an "already caught" icon for enemy wild Pokémon.
- Slightly repositioned foe Pokémon position in single trainer battles.
- Doubled the rate at which the player/NPCs animate while walking.
- Added "Change Form" option to the Debug menu in the PC Pokémon storage screen.
- Decapitalised some more text.
||13 de agosto de 2011
- Added a new script section containing a number of common settings.
- Included credits for the kit in the in-game credits.
- External Editor has been updated to reflect previous changes.
- The location signpost will now not appear if the old and new maps have the same name (e.g. two halves of a single route).
- Can now add multiple items with
pbItemBall, and messages shown reflect what is being added (including "some Leftovers").
- Renamed trainernames.txt to trainertypes.txt for clarity.
- Trainer card background and card picture now have a default, plus an optional version for female players (default can be the male version).
- Bag background and bag picture now have a default, plus an optional version for female players (default can be the male version)
- Removed the "Saving... Don't turn off the power." message as it is unnecessary.
- Removed support for WiiRemote.
- Removed support for handwriting recognition.
- Expanded in-game trades to allow setting the pokémon's form and gender (because these can affect the sprite during the trading sequence).
- Expanded on
pbAddForeignPokemon to allow setting the OT's gender.
- Added second row of badges in picture file, to show how badges for multiple regions should be laid out.
- Allowed up to 8 players to be defined, rather than 4.
- Can no longer set the level of an egg given with
pbGenerateEgg - made it use EGGINITIALLEVEL instead.
- TMs can now be tossed from the Bag.
- The position of the visibility circle in dark maps now depends on the screen size rather than separate variables.
- Using Flash in a dark cave now only expands the visibility to a larger circle, rather than to the full screen.
- The power of variable strength moves now shows as "???" rather than "---" in the Summary screen.
- Added footprints to the Pokédex for owned Pokémon.
- Decapitalised the PC menus.
- Battle screen elements now display in nice places for any screen size.
- The thrown Poké Ball trajectory (in battle, when throwing to capture) now looks better.
- Added LandMorning, LandDay and LandNight encounter types back in.
- Added Location and TradeSpecies evolution methods.
- Added more usable move flags (up to "t" inclusive) - they don't do anything yet, though.
- Added array
$PokemonGlobal.mapTrail that records the last 4 maps visited (including the current one).
- Added array
$PokemonGlobal.regionMapTrail that records the last 4 maps visited which are in different squares on the region map (including the current one).
||26 de julio de 2011
- Renamed, moved and split various script sections.
- Renamed files/moved files/deleted unused files.
- "Downgraded" the day/night system to depend only on time (OutdoorLight effect no longer works as intended).
- Added support for species-specific egg sprites/icons.
- Running is now allowed everywhere.
- Added support for disabling location signposts for selected map transfers (useful for long routes spread over multiple maps).
- Created def
pbExclaim, which just shows an exclamation bubble (or other animation) - this is the first half of
- "trback" images now have 5 frames (1 standing + 4 throwing). They can still be 1 frame instead, though.
- Decapitalised text in pause menu and load menu, and nature names.
- Edited still water reflections: tweaked animation, repositioned reflection while surfing.
- Included all Pokémon icons and sprites for all forms, renamed them so they work immediately.
- Shaymin is now its Sky Forme if the player has a Gracidea, but only during the day and when it isn't frozen (this may not work properly in battle, though).
- Rotom now changes its second type depending on its form, as per Gen 5.
- Burmy and Shellos obtained as eggs from the Day Care Center will inherit their mother's form.
- Bag background and bag sprites now depend on the player's gender.
- Trainer card background now depends on the player's gender.
- Evolution animation now supports different sizes of sprites.
- Tweaked evolution animation slightly and added background image.
- Expanded in-game trades to allow setting the OT's gender, the received Pokémon's held item (which can lead to evolution) and its shininess.
- Traded Pokémon obedience now depends on the number of badges obtained, starting at 10 (no badges) then +10 levels per badge (8 badges=level 100 obedience).
- Updated the PBS file "items" with all Gen 4 items, and renamed the item icons accordingly.
- Added effects for all new Poké Balls (i.e. Gen 2 balls).
- Added a few more item effects.