Registrarse

[Otros] Tutorial: 02 - Item Expansion, Emerald USA

LiYuner

Usuario de oro
In today's tutorial you'll learn how to expand emerald binary items and purse.

First of all, you'll need your expanded Pokémon rom that you expanded in the previous tutorial. To do this, take your expanded rom (test.gba) and your .ini(test.ini) and place them in an easy place because we will soon need them.

Let's get started.

Here is the source, the original post of the expansion of items: [EM] Itens, TMs, Tutor move expansão
Download the file here: Item Expansion

Download it and move to the same folder where you extracted the item expansion folder.

In my case, I left organized like this:
1655891906939.png

Now take your rom with expanded Pokémon (test.gba) and .ini of it(test.ini) and move them to the item expansion folder.

Download the following file, it is the quick command that will help you speed up the build.

Here: Quick Command - Item Expansion

After downloading it, move it into the item expansion folder, just like you did with the quick command there in the Pokémon expansion folder.

We now have halfway walked to expand the items.

Your next step is to open your rom on the HxD and look for an offset with free space.

You can search for free space using the Free Space Finder automatically.

Coming back, in my case I will use the offset E7B500. Before I forget, rename your rom test.gba to rom.gba.

Now go to the "scripts" folder and open the "items.py" file in Notepad++.

Once there, you will find some information and below I will explain what each does:
NEW_ITEMS = X + 378 # Replace the "X" with the number of how many new items you want to add to your rom hack.
TMS_NO = 100 # Number of TM's in your rom hack. Maximum 120 TM's.
HMS_NO = 8 # Number of all HM's.
POKE_NUM = 412 # Maximum number of Pokémon in your rom hack.
CLEAN_REPOINTED_DATA = True # Leave marked with "True"
FREE_SPACE = 0xYYYYYY # Offset with free space to enter expansion data
TM_EXPANSION = True # If marked with "True" will expand the TM's.
EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET = 0x0203CF64 # Offset of the ram to allocate the expansion of the stock exchange
INFINITE_TMS = 1 # If set up with 0 the TM's will be single-use. If marked with 1 the TM's will have infinite use.
BUILD_CODE = True # Leave marked with "True"
MOVETUTOR_EXPANSION = True # If bookmark with "True", will expand your Move Tutor.
TUTOR_MOVES_NO = 64 # Set the maximum value of moves tutos in your rom hack(128 is the maximum)
ITEM_POCKET_MAX = 30 # Maximum number of items you can store in the common items tab
KEY_POCKET_MAX = 30 # Maximum number of items you can store in the items key tab
BALL_POCKET_MAX = 16 # Maximum number of items you can store in the Pokéballs tab, I recommend putting 30
BERRY_POCKET_MAX = 46 # Maximum number of items you can store in the berries tab, I recommend leaving the original value(46)

Can you understand that? No? Go back and reread it more often than I'm sure you'll get the idea.

In my case, I wish the total number of items in my rom hack to be 1000.

1. So in this tab "NEW_ITEMS = X + 378" I will remove the "X" for a value that added up to 378 give 1000, which in this case is 622. But there's an additin, I've always added +1 to that value. In my case it will look like this: "NEW_ITEMS = 623 + 378" which if added will give 1001 items.
2. Now here (TMS_NO = 100) I wish to expand my TM's to 120, so I change the 100 by 120.
3. I will not touch the HM's, I will keep the value 8.
A note about this: If you want to remove the HM's from your game, set the value of the TM's to 128, and the value of the HM's to 0. By doing this, you will make the game recognize 128 TM's, which makes it useless to use hm's.
4. In this part here "POKE_NUM", you change the 412 by the value of Pokémon that you expanded in your rom hack. In my case, again, the total number of Pokémon in my rom hack are 1201.
So it will look more or less like this my configuration in this part: POKE_NUM = 1201
5. There is no mystery what should be done in this part here "FREE_SPACE = 0xYYYYYY", just swap the Y's for the offset with free space where the expansion data of the items will be inserted.

We have now arrived at an important part, which is the offset of the ram with free space.

Yes, there is free space in the ram that can be used, but not to make everything more difficult and complicated for everyone, only thing I will talk about this is for you to change the value 0x0203CF64 that comes preconfigured in this file and put the 0x0203D074 in place.

Before it was like this: EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET = 0x0203CF64

But it will look like this: EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET = 0x0203D074

As for the rest of the settings there is not much mystery, but even so I will leave some observations.
6. TUTOR_MOVES_NO: I'm not sure if 128 is really the maximum number, but it's best not to play with luck and set up at most 128. Maybe the maximum value is 255, test at your own risk.
7. ITEM_POCKET_MAX: In this part I recommend that you put at most the value 180. You can put it on a higher amount, but the 180 is a "safe" value where you can expand that part of the bag and stay in a comfort zone that nothing will bug in this regard.
8. KEY_POCKET_MAX: Already here, do not put values above 100, besides being unnecessary because I doubt very much that your rom hack will have more than 100 key items, not to mention that a high value above 100 can affect other expansion parts in the exchange.
9. BALL_POCKET_MAX: The maximum number of Pokémon is 28-29, but I recommend that you change it to 30 at Most.
10. BERRY_POCKET_MAX: Don't touch this value since it doesn't really expand the berries slot, maybe the creator of this item expansion hasn't finished that part, so it's best to leave the original value.

That's it. Save your changes by pressing CTRL + S.
Close Notepad++ and then double-click the Quick Command-Items .bat

Just to make it clear that this build file only expands the items, it doesn't insert the effects of the items into your rom hack. Who will insert the effects of the items is the Engine, where you can check this out in the next tutorial.

In short, you will have to manually enter the icons and descriptions of all the items you want to insert into your rom hack. It's tiring work, but I guarantee it's quite comforting to see everything set up. And let's face it, it's pretty simple to expand items in Emerald than in Fire Red.

It's a very straightforward tutorial and without much ado. I decided to create it like this to be more direct and without much ado, because when you fill your head with information, it becomes difficult to process and progress on something. But any questions or anything like that, just comment and I'll answer you.

Happy Hacking.