Registrarse

[Fire Red] Pokémon Odyssey [BETA 3.5]

Kammm

Profesional de WaH
Miembro del equipo
Staff
Bueno, hasta aquí llego mi aventura a medias. Hora de estrenar.
Pokemon_Odyssey.png
Pokemon_Odyssey (1).png
Así empiezo de nuevo y entreno los Pokémon que sí voy a usar para no tener que sufrir con farmear de nuevo...

Update time! Update time!

Daily reminder that Beta 4.0 will include Seventh and Eighth Stratum + Postgame, so it will ideally be the final major version of the game.
That said, let's run through this month's news:

► EIGHTH STRATUM - CYCLOPEAN HAUNT

The Eighth Stratum, called "Cyclopean Haunt", is the last Stratum of the game, as well as the place where the adventures of Nyx, Ethan and Olympia will end.
How? You decide the outcome!
We're still working on the Seventh Stratum's tilesets, so I can't show that yet.

► THIRD WAVE OF ETRIAN VARIANTS!

Since the Aether-type reveal, there were several users who asked for an Aether-type Eeveelution. Truth be told, I was already working on it for v3.0, but I couldn't find a convincing concept for it, so I put it aside.
But now it's finally ready. Say hello to Yggdreon!

"Radiance", similar to Pixilate and Refrigerate, changes Normal-type moves into Aether-type and boosts their base power.
Yggdreon's peculiar move, "Life Control", heals it for 1/2 of its max HP and raises its speed by 1 stage.

► GATHERING AND MINING POINT UPGRADE

I want to avoid the "Press A simulator" experience, so here's how it's gonna work from now on.
You can choose to use 1, 5 or 10 stamina points in order to obtain the same number of items from plants or mines.
- 1 Stamina for variety;
- 10 Stamina for quantity;
- 5 Stamina is a cross between the other two.

► CAN WE HAVE A POKÉDEX?

You asked for it, there you have it.

Aaaand that's all for today, see you next month!

This month's update arrives a few days earlier than usual, BUT this doesn't mean it'll be a small one.
Let's start right away!

► ETRIAN VARIANTS - THIRD WAVE: PART 1

Here's a little sneak peek to the first half of the third wave

► WHO'S THAT POKÉMON?

You'll be able to see if a move is not effective (Red), not very effective (Yellow) or super effective (Green) in the bottom-right corner of the screen

► IMPROVED TITLESCREEN

► BETTER MAPS!

This will take a lot of time, but It's totally worth it.
I've decided to improve a lot of locations

TALREGA

COASTAL ROAD

FIBERNIA

VARLEY

CHARON

POKÉCENTER

SMALL UPDATE REGARDING SOME MAPS
  • Top left: First Stratum's new entrance
  • Top right/Bottom left: I've changed where the entrance of the 4th stratum is. Instead of being placed near the lava lake, it's now near the base camp.
  • Bottom right: This is were the old entrance was.

► IMPROVED OVERWORLD SPRITES!

Here's what I've been working on for the last month: a complete revamp of all the OW sprites in the game.
Sneak peek:

From the top-left corner:
Nyx, Aimée, Ethan, Olympia, Brody, Karin, Rockey, Kitt, Manu.
Combat Girl, Pokémaniac, Black Belt, Ranger, Pokémon Breeder, Birdkeeper, Bug Catcher.

► SOME CHANGES TO AETHER-TYPE MOVES

The identity issue [of Aether-type moves] is exasperated by the moves themselves with a majority of the moves being named Etheric bash, slash, boon, star etc etc. I think renaming some of these and having them all thematically close could help lessen the issue.
  • JakeTheSnake
And that's why I've decided to change their names:

Etheric Shot ➜ Light Shot
Etheric Gleam ➜ Astral Gleam
Etheric Star ➜ Radiant Start
Etheric Bash ➜ Mind Bash
Etheric Slash ➜ Cosmic Slash
Etheric Edge ➜ Energy Edge
Etheric Decoy ➜ Shogun Decoy
Etheric Flood ➜ Azure Flood

► FASTER BATTLES AND EVENTS!

If you lose a battle during a major event, the next time you'll be able to skip dialogues and jump straight into the battle.
This will save players' time, especially those who want to play this game on real hardware, where there's no built-in speed-up function.

AND

I've reduced the delay between messages during battle to speed-up the whole thing.

► TREASURE CHESTS?

This is how chests will work.
They won't vanish once you open them, thus helping you recognize where you've already been during your explorations.
Red chests are for items and money, yellow chests are for TMs.

Aaaand that's all for today, see you next month!
(I'm tired, boss...)

Última edición:

PharmaNick

Pequeño saltamontes
Hey, I wanted to ask why the baby pokemon from gen 4 (budew, mime jr, chingling, happiny, munchlax, bonsly) are not in the game, but the gen 4 evolutions are in it

Here we go again. This update is pretty important, although smaller than the previous one.

► EIGHTH STRATUM'S MAP: FINISHED!

That's right, this means only the Seventh Stratum and the postgame section need to be done!
I'll be honest with you... This makes me a bit sad cause it means the adventure is almost over.
Anyway, we're finally here. If you know, you know.

► NEW GAME MODE!

As you may know, there are 2 game modes: Normal and Hard. However I noticed that several users had difficulties even in Normal Mode. They were complaining about the presence of mandatory level caps and the inability to use items in battle, and that's why I added a new mode made especially for those who want to appreciate the story and exploration, without having to face a challenge.

In Picnic Mode there are no level caps; this has been done to give players more freedom, thus making the game more accessible.
However, the limitation regarding healing items will remain.
Basically:
  • Picnic Mode: No healing items in battle;
  • Normal Mode: No healing items in battle, also level caps are active;
  • Hard Mode: No healing items in battle, level caps are active and bosses will have EVs, held items and custom movesets.

► NEW MAIN MENU SCREEN

What can I say other than "It's cool"?

Credits to Shiny-Miner

► NEW MOVES

I wanted to add new moves to make double battles more dynamic.
  • Trailblaze
  • Flame Charge
  • Solar Blade
  • First Press (First Impression)
  • Volt Switch
  • U-Turn
  • Coil
  • Foul Play
  • Flip Turn
  • Star Drop (Chansey/Blissey)
  • Summer Tango (Illumise)
  • Spring Tango (Illumise)
  • Bright Song (Volbeat)
  • Life Ballad (Volbeat)
  • Rapid Fire (Magmortar)
  • Toxic Reap (Absol)
  • Wilting Miasma (Absol)
  • Ladybug Rush (Ledian)
  • Volt Wings (Spearow/Fearow)
  • Crazed Shout (Ampharos)
  • Whip Ripper (Whiscash)

► ETRIAN VARIANTS REVAMP

Some of them were old or meh, that's why they needed a revamp.
Here's an example:

Aaaaaand that's all for today, see you next month!

liovy

Usuario de plata
I love it. There is only one thing that I don't like: you use the interfaces with a modern style which the Tiles don't have, in my opinion giving it a change of image or palette and even both can give it a touch more in line with the general style of the graphics.
And I love that NPCs have their icons.

We're planning to release v3.5 on October 4. The first message has been edited to show how the new version will look like.

This new version will include:
  • Improved Titlescreen;
  • Improved New Game/Continue screen;
  • Improved maps and graphics;
  • Pokémon Compendium (Pokédex);
  • Almost the entire 3rd wave of Etrian Variants (68 regional forms in total), with some improved sprites (such as Whiscash, Mismagius, the Regi trio etc etc);
  • Reworked gathering/mining points; moreover, the sign next to them will tell you which items can be obtained;
  • F.O.E. boost;
  • Ev-Editor;
  • 2 new sidequests;
  • Type-effectiveness during battle (⁠odyssey-news⁠);
  • Less delay between in-battle text and move animations;
  • Chest system instead of overworld Pokéballs;
  • Picnic Mode (no level caps);
  • "Cutscene skip" function after you lose a battle during a story event;
  • New moves: Trailblaze, Flame Charge, Solar Blade, First Press, Volt Switch, U-Turn, Flip Turn, Phantom Force, Coil, Foul Play, Star Drop, Summer Tango, Spring Tango, Bright Song, Life Ballad, Rapid Fire, Toxic Reap, Wilting Miasma, Ladybug Rush, Volt Wings, Sealing Light, Crazed Shout, Whip Ripper, Phalanx Guard, Venom Gust, Subzero Gale, Double Hammer, Stomp Crush, Icy Aria, Frost Curse.
  • Last but now least, the Level Candy!
    Level Candy is a key item (unlimited use) you'll be able to obtain by interacting with the Nintendo Switch in Nyx's house from v3.5 onwards.
    How does it work? It's pretty simple, lemme explain:
    • If you use this candy RIGHT BEFORE a Captain battle, your party level will be set to the current Level Cap-1 (in case you wanted to evolve your Pokémon via level up). Let's say you're about to fight the first Captain (Level Cap = 18); your party will be set to Level 17;
    • If you use this candy BEFORE REACHING the Captain, your party level will be set to the previous Level Cap.
The game will notify you before proceeding with its use, so rest assured.
Battle House and Chansey's hyper training will still be relevant for mid-stratum grinding.
This has been done (together with the introduction of the Ev-Editor) to reduce the time needed to build new team members.
I hope you'll like it!