Registrarse

[Otros] Text box on the top of the screen

Hey guys! You have probably heard of Pokemon Sea Temple, right? It had a feature where text boxes appear on the top of the screen. Well, now we can insert this feature to Firered.

Before that credit goes to: Lance(90%), Sakib66 & S.O(correcting bugs)

Required Tools:
HxD(Hex Editor)
FSF
XSE or any script editor

Alright first, hit FSF and search for 16 bytes offset. Make sure your offset's last byte is either 0,4,8 0r C.

Now open your ROM with your Hex Editor, go to the offset(1st offset) you have found and insert these bytes:
00 B5 02 48 01 21 01 70 00 BD C0 46 B6 04 02 02

now click "save". Now search for 16 bytes again, open HxD, load your ROM, go to that offset(2nd offset), and insert these bytes and hit "save":
00 B5 02 48 0F 21 01 70 00 BD C0 46 B6 04 02 02

Now you have to write a script like this:
callasm 0x(1st offset +1)
msgbox @pointer 0x(your choice)
callasm 0x(2nd offset+1)

If you have done everything correctly, you will get this result:

I don't have ASM routines for them, as Sakib66 thinks there is no need for ASM routines since those are already compiled. But if you want them for research purposes, contact S.O or Lance or Sakib66.​

When did I ever say "there is no need for ASM routines??" I'm sure I have never contacted you.

And S.O didn't do anything here. He is not even in WAH.

And where did you find that screenshot? It's looking very familiar to me for some reasons.

And remove
from both sides of your image.

Did Lance give you permission to post it? Or is it in your nature to steal works of others? Because some weeks ago, you posted Z move patch without Leafy147's permission.​

Última edición:

MetalKaktus

A la luz del quinto día, mira al este
Miembro insignia
I think is easyer than this. Just put this in your script:

writebytetooffset 0x70 0x4000012 'top
writebytetooffset 0x30 0x4000012 'center
writebytetooffset 0x0 0x4000012 'down

as you can see with WBTO we can make the same. I've to say that the value of this RAM's offset will reset if you enter another map, therefore, the message will appear down again.

Also it's an interesting tutorial ;)

Samu

Miembro insignia
Miembro insignia
Next time It'd be nice to have the unassembled routines lol. I mean, for me it's kinda easy to understand whats going on, but other people may want to learn from the routine or just edit the coords and won't know how.