Registrarse

[Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Lunos

Enfrentando a La Organización
Miembro insignia
Holi.
Puse esto hace unas cuantas semanas en PokeCommunity pero nadie ha podido ayudarme, asi que vengo hasta aqui por si alguien ha tenido el mismo problema y lo sabe solucionar.

Resulta que, como muchos sabran, Karatekid añadió la Expansión de la Pokédex en su herramienta, el Gen III Hacking Suite tomando como base el tutorial escrito por DoesntKnowHowToPlay hace ya un largo tiempo, lo cual es maravilloso.

El problema es que cada vez que clickeo en el boton "Expand Pokédex", la herramienta se cierra..

No arroja ningun error, tan solo se cierra sin mas.

Ya que el tutorial de DoesntKnowHowToPlay no se puede aplicar correctamente porque el Save Block Fix de JPAN parece haberse perdido en los confines del espacio-tiempo de la internet, me gustaria saber si hay algun modo de solucionar este problema.

Aclaro que utilizo Windows XP SP3 x86.

TLDR:
G3HS crashea instantaneamente al clickear en el Boton "Expand Pokedex", no arroja ninguna clase de error, solo se cierra sin mas y quisiera saber si tiene solución.

Muchisimas gracias de antemano por leer <3

Lunos

Miembro insignia
Respuesta: Re: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

The tool is quite buggy, so you'd better follow doesntknowhowtoplay's tutorial to do it yourself.
Well.. yeah, that's cool, but as I said in the main post, JPAN's Save Block Fix is nowhere to be found, his link is broken and the only one else which is at RomHack.me it's broken too :/

Lunos

Miembro insignia
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

Okay, now I think i'll use this thread to ask questions about DoesntKnowHowToPlay's tutorial itself.

So, I've found the first problem:
DoesntKnowHowToPlay dijo:
Once you've decided, figure out how many bits it will take to encode the number of dex entries- the answer is (number of dex entries)/8, rounded up. Using this, pick two locations in the RAM freed by JPAN's hack to be where Seen and Caught flags will go.
Now..
1) How much bytes do those flags occupy?
2) JPAN said in his post, that 0x0203b174 to 0x0203f173 are safe spots if you already disabled the LR Help Menu, which I did.
So, for example, I could safely pick those two for this step or it would be too risky?

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

Okay, now I think i'll use this thread to ask questions about DoesntKnowHowToPlay's tutorial itself.

So, I've found the first problem:

Now..
1) How much bytes do those flags occupy?
2) JPAN said in his post, that 0x0203b174 to 0x0203f173 are safe spots if you already disabled the LR Help Menu, which I did.
So, for example, I could safely pick those two for this step or it would be too risky?
1)flags are just bits in ram, so 8 flags count for 1 byte.
2)
This patch saves the following ram blocks to the .sav file:

0x0203C000 to 0x0203C0CC
0x0203C0CC to 0x0203C324
0x0203C324 to 0x0203CEC4

Lunos

Miembro insignia
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

1)flags are just bits in ram, so 8 flags count for 1 byte.
2)
1) Ookay, now that makes sense, that why DKHTP specified that we needed to do the amount of Pokemons we want /8 xDD
Okay, then the flags should occupy 82 bytes more or less, I want 650 Pokemons.

2) Then, using 0x0203C000 and 0x0203C0CC should be perfectly safe, thank you
I've never ever knew about this RAM Modification things, so that's why I basically don't know almost anything about it, it's a whole new world just like the ASM xDDD

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

1) Ookay, now that makes sense, that why DKHTP specified that we needed to do the amount of Pokemons we want /8 xDD
Okay, then the flags should occupy 82 bytes more or less, I want 650 Pokemons.

2) Then, using 0x0203C000 and 0x0203C0CC should be perfectly safe, thank you
I've never ever knew about this RAM Modification things, so that's why I basically don't know almost anything about it, it's a whole new world just like the ASM xDDD
Actually you can take a look at the data in released hacks which have expanded the number of Pokemon so that everything will be very simple.;) Learning things from other hacks is always great haha

Lunos

Miembro insignia
Now, i'm stuck again <3
Put a pointer to whichever set of flags comes first at x549D0.
So.. how do I get that info?
I've went to the Pokedex, then to VBA's Memory Viewer, but in 549D0 I only get pairs of 00s :/

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

Now, i'm stuck again <3

So.. how do I get that info?
I've went to the Pokedex, then to VBA's Memory Viewer, but in 549D0 I only get pairs of 00s :/
People always ignore the 80, so the 0x549D0 is actually 0x80549D0.
You can just write 00c00302 to that offset.
But as I've said before, you can take a look at other's hacks. Then all problems are solved.

Lunos

Miembro insignia
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

People always ignore the 80, so the 0x549D0 is actually 0x80549D0.
You can just write 00c00302 to that offset.
But as I've said before, you can take a look at other's hacks. Then all problems are solved.
Like.. I just need to go to HxD, browse to 0x80549D0 and then type "00 C0 03 02" there?

This tutorial is seriously heavy.. I wish someone could help with the G3HS problem instead x'DDD

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

Like.. I just need to go to HxD, browse to 0x80549D0 and then type "00 C0 03 02" there?

This tutorial is seriously heavy.. I wish someone could help with the G3HS problem instead x'DDD
0x80549D0 is 0x549D0 in ROM.
Offset is a relative concept. From 0x8000000 is the ROM part, but people always just write 0x000000.

Lunos

Miembro insignia
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

0x80549D0 is 0x549D0 in ROM.
Offset is a relative concept. From 0x8000000 is the ROM part, but people always just write 0x000000.
Then i'm still stuck :/

Put a pointer to whichever set of flags comes first at x549D0.
How can I put a pointer to whichever that set of flags is if I don't know where they are? ;_; ...

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

Then i'm still stuck :/

How can I put a pointer to whichever that set of flags is if I don't know where they are? ;_; ...
You've defined it to 0x203c000.
So the pointer for it should be 00c00302.
So you just write 00c00302 to 0x549D0 in your hex editor.

Lunos

Miembro insignia
Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

You've defined it to 0x203c000.
So the pointer for it should be 00c00302.
So you just write 00c00302 to 0x549D0 in your hex editor.
Thank you, that's exactly what I needed <3

EDIT:
Okay, whatever, the repointing section is giving me a painful headache.
I'll just wait for someone to tell me if my problem with G3HS have a solution, if it doesn't, i'll just wait for someone else to create a ROM Base just like LCCoolJ95 did with Emerald x'DDDD

jiangzhengwenjz

Usuario mítico
Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: [Duda] G3HS y la Expansión de la Pokedex

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed <3

EDIT:
Okay, whatever, the repointing section is giving me a painful headache.
I'll just wait for someone to tell me if my problem with G3HS have a solution, if it doesn't, i'll just wait for someone else to create a ROM Base just like LCCoolJ95 did with Emerald x'DDDD
That's disappointing xD
If I remember right, his 650 rom base is quite buggy because he uses another person's ROM base which is full of glitches. Therefore, doing things yourself is always safer.

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.