Registrarse

Question UNZL

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Cheve

MoonLover~
Miembro de honor
"Auto abort if new data is bigger" it means "Auto abort if new data is bigger than the older one"

It's for preventing data corruption.

"Automatically fix pointers" will search in the Rom for every pointer to the offset of the image that you are replacing and change them to new one (Automatically repoint)

The first should ALWAYS be checked (Except in RARE ocasions (Rly rare) )
And the second should be uncheked just if you are going to call the image from a custom ASM Routine or something like that

"Auto abort if new data is bigger" it means "Auto abort if new data is bigger than the older one"

It's for preventing data corruption.

"Automatically fix pointers" will search in the Rom for every pointer to the offset of the image that you are replacing and change them to new one (Automatically repoint)

The first should ALWAYS be checked (Except in RARE ocasions (Rly rare) )
And the second should be uncheked just if you are going to call the image from a custom ASM Routine or something like that
It's a little hard for me to understand all this, but I will try to learn it, thank you :)

Cheve

MoonLover~
Miembro de honor
When I select all options this occurs

Even if the image I'm editing is the same existing already, why is that? o_O

Haha no, I got it, thanks! I see, but when I keep both active an error occurs ¿:.
Well, that means that the new image its bigger than the old one (Meabe just a byte, but still) and you need to repoint it.

You can go to the tool "Free Space Finder", open your rom on it and search for free space, exactly 444Bytes (This 444 its decimal, by the way), the tool will giveyou an offset/pointer, it will go to "Image Offset" slot :p

(Tell if you can't understand this and I try to re-explain)

Well, that means that the new image its bigger than the old one (Meabe just a byte, but still) and you need to repoint it.

You can go to the tool "Free Space Finder", open your rom on it and search for free space, exactly 444Bytes (This 444 its decimal, by the way), the tool will giveyou an offset/pointer, it will go to "Image Offset" slot :p

(Tell if you can't understand this and I try to re-explain)

Oh ok! Just a question (other question heheh). On the "FSF" there are two options at "Free-Space Byte" the options are "FF" or "00" which one I must select?

And I don't understand this"(This 444 its decimal, by the way)". The tool FSF says "NOTE: All the offsets are in hexadecimal" so, what should I do?

Última edición:

Cheve

MoonLover~
Miembro de honor
Oh ok! Just a question (other question heheh). On the "FSF" there are two options at "Free-Space Byte" the options are "FF" or "00" which one I must select?

And I don't understand this"(This 444 its decimal, by the way)". The tool FSF says "NOTE: All the offsets are in hexadecimal" so, what should I do?

"FF" :D (In pokémon roms, tons of FF means FreeSpace always.

You have to use a calculator (Windows Calc works for this) and convert 444 to hexadecimal

(In Windows) Calc must be in "Programer" mode (Or Advanced Mode y XP and older) just put your Decimal number and clic wherever it says "Hex" or "Hexadecimal" and numbers will chage (Meabe a number an letters combination) and that its the amount of free space you need (But, again, in hexadecimal) :)

@MoonLover~ is gone... Cheve, let me answer that for him(?)

FF, sure :p
Of course! :D Thank you

"FF" :D (In pokémon roms, tons of FF means FreeSpace always.

You have to use a calculator (Windows Calc works for this) and convert 444 to hexadecimal

(In Windows) Calc must be in "Programer" mode (Or Advanced Mode y XP and older) just put your Decimal number and clic wherever it says "Hex" or "Hexadecimal" and numbers will chage (Meabe a number an letters combination) and that its the amount of free space you need (But, again, in hexadecimal) :)
I converted "444" dec to hex and got 1BC, but now what? what should i do? as this will help me in my offset? Many doubt :(

Cheve

MoonLover~
Miembro de honor
Ow :( Haha no problem, ok I found one new offset, now I'll trade the offset image using UNZL, right? or no? Cause when I did it and pres "write to room", the old ofsset still remains.
Exactly, just keep both of the marks (Abort if new size bigger & Automatically fix pointers). In Unlz-GBA you will not see any change (Until you re-Scan your rom) but can see the new image in-game :p

Exactly, just keep both of the marks (Abort if new size bigger & Automatically fix pointers). In Unlz-GBA you will not see any change (Until you re-Scan your rom) but can see the new image in-game :p
I did it! :D Thank you very much! :) :) You really helped me a lot! I'm happier :) Hahah. Thank You again! :)

Ah and how can I "re-Scan" my game? :p

Cheve

MoonLover~
Miembro de honor
I did it! :D Thank you very much! :) :) You really helped me a lot! I'm happier :) Hahah. Thank You again! :)

Ah and how can I "re-Scan" my game? :p
Hey! You're welcome!

Simply go to you rom directory, there will be two files "YourRomName.gba.pal" and "YourRomName.gba.spr" (If I'm not wrong xD)

Just delete them and re-open your rom.

PS: The Index number of your new image will be different than the older one, things of how Unlz-GBA works (Probably at the end of it)

Hey! You're welcome!

Simply go to you rom directory, there will be two files "YourRomName.gba.pal" and "YourRomName.gba.spr" (If I'm not wrong xD)

Just delete them and re-open your rom.

PS: The Index number of your new image will be different than the older one, things of how Unlz-GBA works (Probably at the end of it)
OK :) Thank You so much! :D:) and Sorry for so many questions :rolleyes:

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.