Registrarse

[Ruby] Pokemon Giratina Legend | 07-04-23 | I'M BACK

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Replies to previous comments:
Take all the time to polish this awesomeness. All the effort put to show new features is simply outstanding. One of the things that I never liked was the new game screen. That font used looked pixelated and weird. Now it's more than perfect!

Keep your impressive job!
Thank you very much for the compliments!
This is the reason why i decided to update the loading screen: i had made the old strings graphics with an online software and the final result was not the best...

Yo bro.

As someone said before, this is the best hack that i've ever seen. It's just increible how dedicated you are, and the results are simply awesome.
By the way, I can't believe you're still using ruby as ROM; but isn't a problem, because effort and dedication looks to be enough. Nice work, congratulations.

At last, I love the new indoor. I don't even know if you draw by yourself that tiles, but they're amazing. Everything looks perfectly armonized, and pallets look so sweet. Same with outdoor, u know; but that's something we already know, I have to said.

Well, I hope you be more active here! I really wanna see more from you and your hack soon.

See you after!
Thank you so much!
Several tiles have been designed or modified by me, but much of the credit also goes to the original creators that inspired me!
You mentioned the fundamental aspect i've focused on in the last period: attention to detail.
I'm trying to make maps that are sometimes slightly smaller than normal, but full of details, trying to combine the various elements harmoniously.
In my opinion, this "aspect" will be even more present in the screens that you will see in the next updates!

Thanks to some reports received these days, i decided to release a new version of the alpha, the 0.7.6, downloadable as usual from the link in the main post.
The following bugs have been fixed in this version:
- Correct behavior of plant tiles inside the pokémon center
- Fixed Peacefully City icon appearance once starting adventure from a save
- Fixed some mapping errors
- Fixed graphic bug in the battles

Finally, i take advantage of this message to really thank the whole community for voting my project in the various categories of the PWaH competition.
I had the opportunity to watch the live in which the results were announced and i noticed with pleasant surprise how many people supported my project.
All this support encourages me to move forward and continue working on this project, thanks again.

Andrea

Usuario mítico

This is Neomoor City, the largest city in the region.
A real metropolis in continuous expansion, frenetic and lively.
The neon signs, the lights, the shops and the tall buildings give it a futuristic look.​

Obviously, this map takes inspiration from Tokyo.
In particular, this portion of the map is inspired by the kabukicho neighborhood, whose most important entry point has a large illuminated red arch.
Below, i leave the credits of tiles that i used:
Hydrargirium: base for shape buildings
Monecranestpourri: basic drawing of some signs
Magiscarf: roads and pavement
zetavares852: metro rails (not visible in this screen)
To fully appreciate this map, both day and night, i also decided to publish a short gameplay:

That said, see you in a future update!

Jaizu

Usuario mítico
Congrats for making that city! That video shows that it feels good in-game and it's not just a good-looking screenshot. Good luck with your project and see you in future updates, everything looking great.

Edo

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Miembro de honor
Andrea, holy!
As I said in Deviant Art, I absolutelly love this new screen, and the whole actualization u know.
This new city looks really impresive. The effort you put on this game was insane! The train animation looks so good; I'm not sure about how you did it, but it's such a lovely add.
The only thing that I don't like was the main water animation. I don't know, it looks static, weird. I mean the wave's form should be change beetween frames.

Well, keep in touch bro. I hope to see more updates soon!

Disturbo

Decomper
Haven't commented around here yet but been keeping an eye on the project and I must say... damn. It's almost unbelievable to think this is a gba game. Huge props to you andrea!

M

Miembro eliminado 44805

Invitado

The neon signs, the lights, the shops and the tall buildings give it a futuristic look.​

In particular, this portion of the map is inspired by the kabukicho neighborhood, whose most important entry point has a large illuminated red arch.
To fully appreciate this map, both day and night, i also decided to publish a short gameplay:

I always thought Shinzo places were going to be very natural! But I was wrong, this city is beautiful.

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Replies to previous comments:
Congrats for making that city! That video shows that it feels good in-game and it's not just a good-looking screenshot. Good luck with your project and see you in future updates, everything looking great.
Thanks a lot for the compliments, i'm glad you liked the map!

Andrea, holy!
As I said in Deviant Art, I absolutelly love this new screen, and the whole actualization u know.
This new city looks really impresive. The effort you put on this game was insane! The train animation looks so good; I'm not sure about how you did it, but it's such a lovely add.
The only thing that I don't like was the main water animation. I don't know, it looks static, weird. I mean the wave's form should be change beetween frames.

Well, keep in touch bro. I hope to see more updates soon!
Thanks a lot for the beautiful words, as well as the advice regarding the animation of the sea; i agree!
As soon as i have time, i'll try to improve it!
For the train, it is a simple NPC whose height has been set to 03 (height of the bridge in advance map), this allows to prevent the player from interacting with it!

Haven't commented around here yet but been keeping an eye on the project and I must say... damn. It's almost unbelievable to think this is a gba game. Huge props to you andrea!
Thank you so much for the compliments!

I always thought Shinzo places were going to be very natural! But I was wrong, this city is beautiful.
Thanks a lot!
Your assumptions are correct, the only exceptions are this city and another map that you will see maybe later!

Aguiar

Colega de los colegas
Miembro del equipo
Administrador
What a stunning city! It feels so realistic and alive. I can clearly see all the effort that you put in the details.
The one and only thing I could suggest is to put shadows in the buildings but the actual result is kinda nice.

I can’t wait for another beta. I really enjoyed the last one. Go on and I hope to see more updates soon!

Andrea

Usuario mítico
What a stunning city! It feels so realistic and alive. I can clearly see all the effort that you put in the details.
The one and only thing I could suggest is to put shadows in the buildings but the actual result is kinda nice.

I can’t wait for another beta. I really enjoyed the last one. Go on and I hope to see more updates soon!
Thanks a lot for all the compliments <3
The shadows of the various buildings are already present, but actually aren't much noticeable in the video...
I slightly increased the contrast and now they should be more visible:

Moreover, to improve the atmosphere of the map, i added some animation and details:

Edo

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Miembro de honor
Hello again, Andrea!

At the first, I want to said the new shadows looks so fucking awesome. This change in contrast look lovely, and now it's truly joinable to watch. I don't even notice about those in the previous acts so we can say you did a good job this time. I really like to see how much effort you put in every single thing about this project; that's one of the most value thing you do.
So now... the new city animation's. Holy moly, brother! Holy moly! It look so much good for real. Maybe you need to add new ones, like lights on the entrance thing (actually I don't know how to name it in english, but u know, that U thing), or movement in the other japanese signals. Anyway, your work is awesome and I really love it. I think you know about how clean and good look the minimalist details, and you're exploiting it! Good job!

Well, I think that's all. I hope to see more about that forest you post on Deviant Art next time! See you!

ReoNeky

Compositor de WaH
Colaborador
Hello Andrea! I like to see that you are still firm with the RH.

The video is SPECTACULAR, graphics, mapping, music ... Definitely a city with a lot of life.

I don't have much more to say, just tell you that I admire you, keep it up, lots of encouragement!

See ya~

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Hello again, Andrea!

At the first, I want to said the new shadows looks so fucking awesome. This change in contrast look lovely, and now it's truly joinable to watch. I don't even notice about those in the previous acts so we can say you did a good job this time. I really like to see how much effort you put in every single thing about this project; that's one of the most value thing you do.
So now... the new city animation's. Holy moly, brother! Holy moly! It look so much good for real. Maybe you need to add new ones, like lights on the entrance thing (actually I don't know how to name it in english, but u know, that U thing), or movement in the other japanese signals. Anyway, your work is awesome and I really love it. I think you know about how clean and good look the minimalist details, and you're exploiting it! Good job!

Well, I think that's all. I hope to see more about that forest you post on Deviant Art next time! See you!
Thanks a lot for all the advice and compliments!
My intent was initially to animate all the signs, but the final effect, in my opinion, was very chaotic, so i decided to animate only a few.
As for the red arc, i guess you were referring to that, the tile is structured in a way that making it fully animated is very complex. In the future I will try!

Hello Andrea! I like to see that you are still firm with the RH.

The video is SPECTACULAR, graphics, mapping, music ... Definitely a city with a lot of life.

I don't have much more to say, just tell you that I admire you, keep it up, lots of encouragement!

See ya~
Thank you so much for the compliments <3

• Me gusta
Reacciones : Edo

Rata

Veterano en Gráficos
Thanks a lot for all the compliments <3
The shadows of the various buildings are already present, but actually aren't much noticeable in the video...
I slightly increased the contrast and now they should be more visible:

Moreover, to improve the atmosphere of the map, i added some animation and details:
Pfff , que decirte Andrea! Siempre has sido un genio con los gráficos de un hack. Esta ciudad tiene un tono muy de metrópolis, por lo que te felicito.
Todo combina de manera perfecta, tiles, paletas, Overworlds. Sigue con este proyecto, y no decaigas! Que todos los hackroms quedan en la memoria.

Saludos! (no te escribo en inglés porque me da flojera usar el traductor)

CaveLondon

Usuario habitual
Please, please tell me where you learn how put vídeos (real vídeos like anime) in the game.
Like when the lab explode in the first chapter.

I really want to do it even if takes a lot of work.

Your hackrom is really amazing.

Really you make me se what it's posible to do un a hackrom.

Is very impressive

Andrea

Usuario mítico
Pfff , que decirte Andrea! Siempre has sido un genio con los gráficos de un hack. Esta ciudad tiene un tono muy de metrópolis, por lo que te felicito.
Todo combina de manera perfecta, tiles, paletas, Overworlds. Sigue con este proyecto, y no decaigas! Que todos los hackroms quedan en la memoria.

Saludos! (no te escribo en inglés porque me da flojera usar el traductor)
Thanks a lot for the compliments, i'm glad you like the map!

No espero la hora de q traduzcan este pedazo de hack al español, muy bueno ^^
Thank you <3

Please, please tell me where you learn how put vídeos (real vídeos like anime) in the game.
Like when the lab explode in the first chapter.

I really want to do it even if takes a lot of work.

Your hackrom is really amazing.

Really you make me se what it's posible to do un a hackrom.

Is very impressive
Thank you so much!
So, regarding the insertion of the video, there are a few steps to follow.
Initially you need to get the video you want to insert, of course.
Next, you need to extract all the various frames that makes the animation.
To do this, i used ffmpeg (unfortunately i don't remember exactly the structure of the commands, because it's been a long time).
After that, you need to indexed the various frames, so that they shared the same set of palettes.
This not only saves memory, but above all it will prevent some strange effects when you loading the various frames in sequence.
The loading of the various frames can be done with a simple asm routine (in the case of bg0, typically the tile of an image will be load at 0x06008000, while the raw at 0x0600F800).
You can use either a table to indicate the offset of each frame, or load them directly if you insert them contiguously in the rom.

Jaizu

Usuario mítico
The ammount of work and love this game has inside it's unbelievable . I appreciate all the hard effort you put in the game; every map has a nice and unique feeling attached to it, in the tilesets you are using until the very last 8x8px block to make it more graphical appealing and the unique tiles and places really make it an incredible game, congrats for all the effort and the awesome game you made.

M

Miembro eliminado 28262

Invitado

ITA: LOL, son rimasto di pietra fra, e' assolutamente splendido
Non ho parole, figata di cittá.
veramente, non dicco piú niente perché dopo vedere quel video il mio cervello é entrato in tilt

ESP: Me has dejado de piedra bro, es absolutamente esplendido
No tengo palabras, vaya pasada de ciudad.
realmente, ya no digo nada porque después de ver ese video mi cerebro hizo corto.

M

Miembro eliminado 44805

Invitado
I have found an extremely strange bug in Giratina's Legend. It happens in the Pokemon Store in Breezy Town (I don't know if it will happen in the other stores) when you review a menu item (ex: the bag), when you close it for some reason you teleport to the place where the girl you serve. Obviously after that you can't get out of there